PDA

View Full Version : Can you have multiple providers on ONE BES server?

mayor111
10-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Hey guys,

We recently acquired a branch office down in NC (Charolette). We are 100% T-Mobile for all our Sales Reps (BB 7105T). One of our reps that covers this new area in NC is constantly complaining about reception, dropped calls, etc.

Now I know Verizon offers a very good signal down South - so my question is that can I have ONE BES server with Blackberry users from different carriers. We would have 20+ on T-Mobile and no more than 3 on Verizon?

Is that possible? Does it require any additional configuration on my BES server?

As always - thank you for your wisdom!

dewalt
10-13-2006, 12:09 AM
From what I can tell, the BES could care less what service the devices are on. During installation, you never specified what carrier all the devices are on.

When email is forwarded to devices, your BES talks to a central US Blackberry Server. That's the server that takes care of finding the device on the right network.

c13
10-13-2006, 02:23 AM
the BES server will not require any addition configuration. Bes servers are carrier independent

hope this helps

bertiebassett
10-13-2006, 04:41 AM
in the uk we have customers with one bes with devices on 2 different networks and often with end-users in germany, they use a local german sim card.

just ensure the device is provisioned correctly with the carrier on the full BES tariff and then activate in the normal way.

jmanford
10-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Were running Verizon and Nextel on same BES.

NJBlackBerry
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I think the question is answered.