PDA

View Full Version : Drafts...

ricardojimenez
10-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi,
I have a user using a bb 7250 with desktop manager 4.0
She saved a draft on her inbox in the blackberry.
Why it is not synchronizing with her outlook inbox ??
any ideas will be appreciated..
thanks.

Pizzle
10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
That's not a folder that's mapped. As she's composing it on her BB, until you send it, Outlook doesn't see it. Works the other way around, too. A composed draft in Outlook won't show up on the BB.

snowskier79
10-13-2006, 01:42 PM
That's not a folder that's mapped. As she's composing it on her BB, until you send it, Outlook doesn't see it. Works the other way around, too. A composed draft in Outlook won't show up on the BB.

I always assumed it was not mapped. I know for sure b/c of Pizzle! Thanks.

ricardojimenez
10-16-2006, 08:11 AM
thanks for the repy pizzle.
what I meant was that on her blackberry inbox she saved an email as a draft she was working on, therefore, it should sych with her outlook email..
but still it is an email, so why it is not synching ??
any other suggestions..
thanks.

Pizzle
10-16-2006, 08:49 AM
No, it "shouldn't".

Not sure how else to explain it. A draft is not an e-mail until it's sent. There's no way to sync it until she sends it. If you want a productive suggestion, tell her to send the e-mail to herself instead of saving it as a draft. Then, she can keep sending it back to herself, making changes along the way, and finally, when it's done, she can send it to the intended recipient.

There are zero ways to sync drafts. I knew what you meant the first time. You can't do it.

ricardojimenez
10-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Ok, got it, thank you very much.
That is what I did for her last week, to send the draft to herself.
which then synch with no problems.

No, it "shouldn't".

Not sure how else to explain it. A draft is not an e-mail until it's sent. There's no way to sync it until she sends it. If you want a productive suggestion, tell her to send the e-mail to herself instead of saving it as a draft. Then, she can keep sending it back to herself, making changes along the way, and finally, when it's done, she can send it to the intended recipient.

There are zero ways to sync drafts. I knew what you meant the first time. You can't do it.

Nickster248
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
No, it "shouldn't".

If you want a productive suggestion, tell her to send the e-mail to herself instead of saving it as a draft. Then, she can keep sending it back to herself, making changes along the way, and finally, when it's done, she can send it to the intended recipient.
Thanks Pizzle for that work around...I constantly have 2 or 3 drafts going, but the way you suggest will indeed sync then to Outlook.

Thanks again....:smile:

Pizzle
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
No problemo, gents. I have the same issue. Took me a few times to figure that out, but once I did, it's been a lifesaver.

:)

WithTeeth
11-16-2006, 10:53 AM
This might be totally off the mark.

If you create a folder in Outlook called Drafts, and move an email message to it, the folder is reconciled with the BB, and the moved message also shows.

So technically i haven't sent a message only moved it. If I compose a draft message, and move it on the either the BB or Outlook to the Drafts folder it doesn’t reconcile.

Are email messages, and draft/saved messages flagged differently?

Pizzle
11-16-2006, 01:26 PM
You could, but the default in Outlook wouldn't provide THAT much functionality. If I save an e-mail that I haven't sent, it automatically saves it to the unmapped "drafts". You'd have to move each one, but I suppose that would work...

EDIT...just tried it...a draft on the BB doesn't sync with Outlook, no matter where it is. It has to be sent to work.

jackkrat
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
EDIT...just tried it...a draft on the BB doesn't sync with Outlook, no matter where it is. It has to be sent to work.

The last post on this topic is pretty old, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has figured out a way to view and send unsent drafts that have been authored and stored in Outlook's drafts folder? ... The ability to do this was one of the reasons I got a BB so this would be nice. The work around mentioned above won't work, because it would require me to manually type in ever addressee when on the go with my blackberry. For example, I want to be able to draft a long email with multiple unique addressees in outlook this afternoon, and then, when I receive confirmation from a third party sometime tonight or tomorrow while I'm out of the office, send the long email out.

jackkrat
08-30-2007, 06:27 PM
The last post on this topic is pretty old, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has figured out a way to view and send unsent drafts that have been authored and stored in Outlook's drafts folder? ... The ability to do this was one of the reasons I got a BB so this would be nice. The work around mentioned above won't work, because it would require me to manually type in ever addressee when on the go with my blackberry. For example, I want to be able to draft a long email with multiple unique addressees in outlook this afternoon, and then, when I receive confirmation from a third party sometime tonight or tomorrow while I'm out of the office, send the long email out.

Alternatively, can anyone come up with a "work-around" for my situation? Any help or suggestion is appreciated.