PDA

View Full Version : BES Services 1069 Error

teemo
10-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi all;

This seems like a simple issue, but I'm kinda stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the scenario:

BES was installed under the Administrator account, and as a result calendar/contact items were not syncing up from the BB to Outlook. To rectify this, I created a BESAdmin account on the server and folowed all of the other steps per this doc:

Livelink - Redirection (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/728075/728850/728216/How_To_-_Switch_service_accounts_for_BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_4.0_and_4.1?nodeid=1060618#1)

Now, I had this same problem on a completely different server before and did the above, but when I got to Task 8, there was no registry info (under BESAdmin/Research In Motion) and I found it easier to just reinstall BES on top of the current install while logged in as BESAdmin on the server. This worked fine on the other server, and that was that.

However, I've triple-checked all the steps both in the above link and the install guide, but am stuck due to the services not starting "due to a logon failure - 1069". According to this doc:

Livelink - Redirection (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/728075/728850/728216/Support_-_System_Error_1069_has_occurred.html?nodeid=945950&vernum=0)

it's a problem with the account permissions somewhere. Again, I"ve gone through all the steps and checked delegation, users permissions, etc. All appears to be correct. I've tried setting the log on account for "this user" as both BESAdmin@<hidden>l and domain\BESAdmin, resetting the user password, and anything else I can think of. I still get the 1069 error though.

The only thing I haven't tried is the "Remove and re-install the BlackBerry User Administration Service using the correct account", because frankly I don't understand how to do it. I referred to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit Version 4.0 - User Guide for instructions but didn't see any.

So, how to rectify this problem? I assume you don't want to set the services as "local system account" . .or will that work? If not, any ideas on what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

teemo
10-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Ended up calling RIM about the issue, and they were stumped as well. All appeared to be correct. Ended up just creating another account in AD and switching services to that instead. Fixed.