PDA

View Full Version : Copy All from SIM not an Option in Menu

gobruins2154
10-15-2006, 01:19 PM
I've been looking to see how I can copy all my phone numbers from my SIM, and I have found a couple articles saying that there is a menu option when you are viewing "sim contacts" to "copy all". I do not see this option. I have software version: 4.10.309 (phone 8700g). Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!
Aaron

mike818
10-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I've been looking to see how I can copy all my phone numbers from my SIM, and I have found a couple articles saying that there is a menu option when you are viewing "sim contacts" to "copy all". I do not see this option. I have software version: 4.10.309 (phone 8700g). Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!
Aaron

On the 8700c you go to your address book, wheel click and go to "SIM Phone Book" and once that loads wheel click again and "Copy All To Address Book".

Assuming t-mobile didn't change the BB interface around, it should be the same.

K-Mack
10-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Is there a way to save my current address book to my sim?

mymitsu3kgt
10-15-2006, 02:47 PM
You can only save your contacts one at a time to your SIM. Open up the contact you wish to transfer, click the thumbwheel and select "Copy to SIM Phonebook". It's tedious but I just do it everytime I create a new contact.

gobruins2154
10-15-2006, 03:47 PM
On the 8700c you go to your address book, wheel click and go to "SIM Phone Book" and once that loads wheel click again and "Copy All To Address Book".

Assuming t-mobile didn't change the BB interface around, it should be the same.

Thanks, but I don't seem to have that option. It may be that I have a different version of the firmware.

mymitsu3kgt
10-15-2006, 03:49 PM
You have to "View" the address. You can't do it with the name selected in your list of contacts. Select View first and then the steps above.

pifiu
10-20-2006, 02:54 PM
You can only save your contacts one at a time to your SIM. Open up the contact you wish to transfer, click the thumbwheel and select "Copy to SIM Phonebook". It's tedious but I just do it everytime I create a new contact.

why does is there no "copy all to sim" feature. That is just plain stupid. Arent these things meant for heavy users? I cant imagine copying say 200 contacts one by one. I would throw the thing out the window.

NJBlackBerry
10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
The BlackBerry has an entire address book built in. Not just the minimal limited information you can store on a SIM card. If you need to use another BB, you can use desktop manager to backup and restore. The BB Address book is not stored on the SIM card and there is no way to back it up to the SIM card.

What is the definition of a heavy user, by the way? I think we have more than a few here and this is NOT a deal breaker.

And if you do throw it out, please don't hit anyone.

greggebhardt
10-20-2006, 05:13 PM
why does is there no "copy all to sim" feature. That is just plain stupid. Arent these things meant for heavy users? I cant imagine copying say 200 contacts one by one. I would throw the thing out the window.

Maybe things are not just the way you want it but few who use the Blackberry for any length of time would consider tossing it out the window. You are new to the Blackberry, give it a chance. It is one of the best devices you can carry for phone and email services. Considering what mine does for me everyday, I could forgive it for not having this feature.

RHI_BlackberryMan
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
About how many would you say phone numbers or contacts can be stored on a SIM?