PDA

View Full Version : Computer Charging?

U_did_what
10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
I see that my new BB(y) can be charged with the USB via the computer. So is it o.k. to use it right away? I ask, because I remember one time when buying a Old Skool phone and car charger, they recomended using the wall charger(and running it way down) for the first few charges to get the most out of the battery. Thanks8-)

finch
10-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes it's fine to charge via PC, still good to drain the battery when possible. Only note is the PC charge is takes longer then a wall outlet charge.

Dubdub
10-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Yes it's fine to charge via PC, still good to drain the battery when possible. Only note is the PC charge is takes longer then a wall outlet charge.

Plus the PC has to be on. I found that out when I left the BB attached to the laptop overnight,expecting a full charge in the morning.

U_did_what
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM

mike_187
10-18-2006, 11:52 PM
make sure you have the bb drivers installed so it charges at 500mA and not 100mA.

flash24
10-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Yes charging via PC is ok but it takes a lot of time to fully charge it compare to charging it in an AC outlet.

greggebhardt
10-19-2006, 05:18 AM
and do not worry about discharging you battery before charging, just use your device, plug in while sleeping and enjoy it.

topspeedtop
10-19-2006, 07:42 AM
hey wait dont charge your blackberry via your computer. it will over charge and will not shut off the chargeing when i battery is fully charged. you will destroy your battery by over chargeing

takeshi
10-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Where are you getting this information from?

Dubdub
10-19-2006, 09:22 AM
hey wait dont charge your blackberry via your computer. it will over charge and will not shut off the chargeing when i battery is fully charged. you will destroy your battery by over chargeing

Never heard that before. I always charge my 8700 via the PC. No problems at all.

Where did you get your info?

greggebhardt
10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder how people could still have so many questions about their battery until I see a post like this. Lets hope it was a joke but I fear it was not!

RBasil
10-20-2006, 01:46 AM

I've been charging all of my phones BB, Sidekick and HP6315 for years on my computer with ZERO problems. If you are going to make a statement like this back it up with some proof or your just talking B.S.

allthumbs
10-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Yea no worries about overcharging your battery.. When your BB is fully charged it turns that feature off. Even thru the computer... I plug mine into the computer during the day cause i do so much PIN messaging