PDA

View Full Version : Dual Inbox on my BlackBerry--help

mikeyh
10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
I have an 8703E which i recently set up to receive Gmail on. But now I receive a copy of every email in my standard inbox (the mailbox icon) as well as a seperate Gmail inbox (an icon right next to the mailbox). Any help on how to delete one or the other? thanks

spiderwrulf
10-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (7100i BlackBerry Yummy: BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

I had to delete the service books then upload them again

mikeyh
10-19-2006, 09:00 AM
i apologize for being a complete tech moron, but what does "delete the service books" mean?

srl7741
10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
I have an 8703E which i recently set up to receive Gmail on. But now I receive a copy of every email in my standard inbox (the mailbox icon) as well as a seperate Gmail inbox (an icon right next to the mailbox). Any help on how to delete one or the other? thanks

Your standard inbox icon (your words) controls all others (web based,pop etc) If you do not want to see the additional email icons consider hiding those? alt track wheel (hide app). Keep in mind that if you use the standard inbox (your words again) to manage all account remember when replying to an email to select the correct account you want the reply to be sent from.

I'm sure others can explain that better, hope that helps?

dhendriksen
10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Keep in mind that if you use the standard inbox (your words again) to manage all account remember when replying to an email to select the correct account you want the reply to be sent from.

I use my inbox this way. I hide all applications except for messaging and just check all my messages there. When sending an email I just make sure and select the proper email address at the top. Tell me if I understand what you are saying correctly. If my default email is dan@<hidden>, but I have two others (dan@<hidden>, and dan@<hidden>) and someone sends an email to dan@<hidden> and I check it in the general messages program, if I reply it will reply from my default email of dan@<hidden>? I hope I am understanding this incorrectly. It should reply from whatever email address it was sent too. Does this make any sense?

My understanding is that the only downside to doing it this way is you have to remember to select which account you want to send from - is that correct?

dhendriksen
10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
i apologize for being a complete tech moron, but what does "delete the service books" mean?

What service provider to you have? I go log into mytmobile.com and can send the service books from there. The messages box is for all your messages, then each email account gets its own inbox. I just hide all the inbox's except the one called messages, and view them all from there. I have yet to find a disadvantage to this, but hopefully someone can answer the questions that I posted above.

srl7741
10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
dhendriksen you are correct and you put it better than i :)

dkf747
10-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Keep in mind that if you use the standard inbox (your words again) to manage all account remember when replying to an email to select the correct account you want the reply to be sent from.

I use my inbox this way. I hide all applications except for messaging and just check all my messages there. When sending an email I just make sure and select the proper email address at the top. Tell me if I understand what you are saying correctly. If my default email is dan@<hidden>, but I have two others (dan@<hidden>, and dan@<hidden>) and someone sends an email to dan@<hidden> and I check it in the general messages program, if I reply it will reply from my default email of dan@<hidden>? I hope I am understanding this incorrectly. It should reply from whatever email address it was sent too. Does this make any sense?

My understanding is that the only downside to doing it this way is you have to remember to select which account you want to send from - is that correct?

If you reply to a message it will use same address it was sent to, not the default. Ex: if I get something at my yahoo address, when I reply it will send from my yahoo address.

Only when you compose a new email can you choose which address you want to send from.