PDA

View Full Version : Need help accessing a website for information efficiently

paulcomi
10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
There's a lot of very bright minds here so I thought before I gave up I'd give this one a shot. There's a database online that I reference often as an account executive that is stored on the library system for vital business information (headquarters location, number of employees, etc including contact information and titles). The thing is when I try to access it with my blackberry its a pain because of the steps involved and because it uses frames:

to log in:
enter library card number
enter zip code

scroll down to locate and select the database
choose business (as opposed to residential) listings
phew! now I'm where I need to get...

It would be slick if I could spot a potential customer, pull over, enter the company name and see their vital statistics to decide whether it would make sense to get out of my car and go call on them.

Any suggestions? I've tried to get all the way in and then bookmark, but since the site requires my library card and zip code at the start it doesn't work.

I called the IT guy at the library and he said that database runs through a proxy server. I don't know what that means but I do notice that I have to clear cache every time I run a search or it won't work. Can I prevent my bb from caching?

paulcomi
10-20-2006, 10:49 AM
No one?