PDA

View Full Version : They replaced my 8703e, Help! Biz trip tomorrow!

chad5
10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey all, really need some sync help.

I had my 8703e for about two weeks. She worked pretty good with Pocket Mac 4.0 and my Mac G5.

But as a phone I was getting a lot of dropped calls. I posted else where and it was suggested that I get her replaced. I did.

Now I got the new one home and before I try to sync her to the previous 8703e settings using Pocket Mac 4.0 I'm wondering if there is anything I have to do?

I'm worried that I don't know how to tell pocket mac this is a new phone, etc.

Is there any do's or don'ts I should be worried about? I get on a plane to North Carolina tomorrow morning and must have all my contact info with me.

Should have done the replace when I got back but I was lucky enough that my sprint store had a replacement for me. These things are still scarce.

Also do I need to reinstall the OTA file that allows me to get berry411 back on my new 8703e or will pocketmac handel all that for me?

dschwartzer
10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I am not in front of my Mac at the moment but I know there is a menu item on the PocketMac menu bar that says Treat as First Sync, or something like that. Select that option before you try to sync your new phone. That should get you going.

David

pspiegel
10-21-2006, 03:30 AM
i don't think that you should have to do the treat as first sync, to me that means that it replaces your backed up data with what is on the handheld..

i have also gotten a replacement, just plugged it in, sync, and it works fine, puts all your data back on the device as long as you have successfully synced before..

pspiegel
10-21-2006, 03:30 AM
and yes, you do need to reinstall OTA programs, pocketmac will not put that back on