PDA

View Full Version : Need to stop work emails - New job.

Mahal
10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm changing jobs and want to stop getting email from my former job. The former job also has browser restrictions that were placed on my personal BB.

How can I stop getting their emails and also remove the broswer restrictions on my BB?

Any and all help is appreciated.

rebeldevil2003
10-20-2006, 10:55 AM
once you leave the company your it administrator should remove you from their bes server, this will stop the work emails and should also stop the restrictions.

juwaack68
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Your admin should make sure to re-apply the blank Default policy (assuming they left it blank) before you leave the company. Simply removing you from their BES won't get rid of the restrictions.

However, when you go to your new company, if they have a BES, their IT Policy will replace the current one on your device.

topspeedtop
10-20-2006, 04:35 PM
just ask your bes admin to remove the it policy

Mahal
10-24-2006, 11:06 AM
The old jobs admin is saying I need to wipe my device to completely remove all the restrictions. Is that right?!? Is there a way to delete me from the BES and then remove the restrictions from my BB without wiping my device??

jonpwil
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Your admin should make sure to re-apply the blank Default policy (assuming they left it blank) before you leave the company. Simply removing you from their BES won't get rid of the restrictions.

However, when you go to your new company, if they have a BES, their IT Policy will replace the current one on your device.

This is your answer.

sdetweil
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Or try this link

remove BES IT policy (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/44466-how-remove-policy.html)

Sam

Mahal
10-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Or try this link

remove BES IT policy (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/44466-how-remove-policy.html)

SamThis was the ticket!!! Worked like a charm! Thanks!(y)