PDA

View Full Version : my 8703e took the worst fall ever

fr8
10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8703e: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

From my shirt pocket to the tile floor of work. I thought the thing had shaddered to pieces. But it was onlt the battery cover and battery. From what i can see and tell nothing has happened to it. Cant even see a scuff. Im hoping the internals are ok because ive yet to talk on it. As far as this rant goes, rim has made a sturdy phone.

koleary19067
10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Should be fine. Let us know how it turns out.

repair-man
10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
It amazes me how some of the manager's here find new ways to drop their 8700c's we got them. One of 'em swiped a railing and it fell off of his clip. On it's way to the floor, he inadvertently kicked it down a flight of stairs.

SilverSurfer95
10-20-2006, 03:27 PM
It amazes me how some of the manager's here find new ways to drop their 8700c's we got them. One of 'em swiped a railing and it fell off of his clip. On it's way to the floor, he inadvertently kicked it down a flight of stairs.

Isn't that used in the "planned obsolescence" program?

jgb@etree
10-20-2006, 04:47 PM
We just want to keep you tech guys working for a living!

I hear so many IT types complaining about the ineptitude of managment for their inability to use (or ability to abuse) technology.

Remember, if it weren't for us, there would be no need for you :)

FroogleThis
10-20-2006, 05:07 PM
As an accident-prone, clumsy individual who just ordered an 8700c, I can't say I'm not happy to see that this thing will take the punishment I give out!

I definitely like the story from repair-man! That is definitely something I can see myself or a select few other colleagues doing.

SilverSurfer95
10-20-2006, 05:10 PM
We just want to keep you tech guys working for a living!

I hear so many IT types complaining about the ineptitude of managment for their inability to use (or ability to abuse) technology.

Remember, if it weren't for us, there would be no need for you :)

Touché

I laughed so hard my pocket protector with all my pens fell out. Really this happens to everyone. While I love theoverall design, it really isn't that condusive for easy transport. I have been known to drop mine a few times but since I had a skin on, there was no harm done.

This is turning into a fun thread.