PDA

View Full Version : DC & Speaker phone?

Fundi
03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
If I am overlooking this then let me apologize now but I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for.

I know I can go into the phone; options; push to talk menu and turn on speaker phone. How come everytime I Holster the phone it turns the speaker off. Is there a way around this that I am missing. It is a big hassel.

Thanks,

Fundi

ToddziLLa
03-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Can't think of a way to switch it per the way you mentioned; however, you can always just hit the speaker button to the right of the 'm' key if it is not working.

I know it's an extra annoying step, but it is failproof!

Mark PPG
03-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Funny this should come up on my first day here. I experienced this first hand today. I found it VERY annoying. All you have to do is switch profiles to "loud" from the default and it went away. I checked everywhere for a setting and could not find it. Thats the only way I have found so far to keep it in speaker mode for the DC function

msingewald
03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
It seems to reset to what the profile specifies whenever you hang up. That is one of the things I miss from the regular phones...a dedicated speaker button. We have one now, but it only works during a call, you cannot enable it before making a call and have it stay that way.

Fundi
03-23-2005, 08:15 AM
I think I figured it out, will know later when people start calling me more.

Go into the vibrate profile, select DC/GC, Choose Edit, then change out of holster to Tone.

This appears to work but will know for sure later.

The way I like to use my profiles is keep everything in vibrate but the DC. You just have to watch out for those people who start talking without alerting you.

BTW I kept DC call alert in vibrate.

Fundi

hdbillp
03-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks, Fundi. This has also been annoying me. I've had my 7520 for about a week and everytime someone would DC me or I would start to DC them I would forget to turn on the speakerphone.

I, too, like all vibrate like my i730 so it looks like this will work.

NOcaddyman
04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
I had the same problem with my 7520 and I found out how to keep the speakerphone on all the time.

I have my default profile set to "on". IN the DC/GC settings, I had both set to "None". That's what was causing the speakerphone to shut off when holstered. I set Out of Holster to Tone and In Holster to Vibrate and saved the settings.

Now when I holster the 7520, the speakerphone is not disabled