PDA

View Full Version : Filter for BCC to a list? (please help)

dwc
10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
One type of email is not forwarded to my BB, and I am not sure how to filter for it. When our support system send an email to a customer, it uses the BCC field to send email to our "supportstaff" email list. I want these forwarded to the BB. So far I have not been able to get a filter to catch these mails.

How can I have a filter grab a mailing list list address (not my personal email address) if the list address is in the BCC: field and not the To: field?

- There is a "sent to" box in the filter config, but this seems to only catch the "To:" field
- there are "BCC to me" checkboxes, but I think that only grabs the user's actual email address,and will not catch list addresses in the BCC field.

Are there other things I should look at that may be preventing this type of mail getting forwarded? Perhaps in the BES configuration...

All help appreciated, and I am glad to clarify if needed.
Thanks,
Dan

dwc
10-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I guess this is not possible...

Phone Guy
10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Have you tried making the changes in the redirector on your desktop software? I haven't tried this so I am not familiar, not to mention I am using an 8700. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Who is your service with? Do they have any type of online device tutorial?

dwc
10-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the ideas. The filters can be set up either on the desktop, or in the phone itself. They're in synch so changing one is the same as changing the other.

I don't think this issue is provider-specific. These are filters inside the BES application.

I am curious to know if anyone is filtering on a mailing list address in the BCC field, and if it works. Is anyone willing to test? Should only take a minute to see if it works.

Thanks,
Dan

dwc
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
I think the real issue is that I use outlook rules to "folder" items when they arrive, and the BES filters seem to only act on messages that actually land in the inbox. Thus the BEs filters do not forward any messages which I have "foldered" via outlook rule.