PDA

View Full Version : Seido Black skin

retiredcopper
10-24-2006, 08:06 AM
I just received the Seido black skin for my pearl. I like it but it has one issue. Dirt and lint seem to stick to it really bad. as soon as I clean it off it is cover with it again. Any ideas on how to stop this?

stac
10-24-2006, 08:25 AM
I just received the Seido black skin for my pearl. I like it but it has one issue. Dirt and lint seem to stick to it really bad. as soon as I clean it off it is cover with it again. Any ideas on how to stop this?

There's a whole thread devoted to talking about this case - use the search button and look for 'seidio black skin' before opening a new thread...

Stac

seidio
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM

Hi copper,

It's a problem we're looking into right now.

retiredcopper
10-24-2006, 08:52 AM
thank you for being so friendly......

seidio
10-24-2006, 08:53 AM

You're quite welcome. We want to make sure we're selling quality products to our customers, or we'll run out of customers pretty quickly. :>

retiredcopper
10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks seidio for the info......

stac
10-24-2006, 09:30 AM

Your sarcasm overwhelms me.

MikeK2
10-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Your sarcasm overwhelms me.

If I'm not mistaken, he was referring to the message from Seidio, and not your post.

phungy
10-24-2006, 10:27 AM
I hope this won't be too annoying for me. If so then I too may have to return the skin.

mckinneycm
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I just got mine yesterday, and I did notice that today when I put it in my pocket and took it out, it was covered in lint. When I got to the office, I used a can of air and that blew it completely clean. It's not too annoying, since now I can be a little more rough with it and I don't have to worry about scratching the phone.

phungy
10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Hope a lint roller works =p

Ljay
10-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi copper,

It's a problem we're looking into right now. I'm wondering if the recipients of this case will the have the option of receiving a new one (free of charge) or do we need to return this case within the two week return period ?

ChumsGum
10-25-2006, 01:01 AM
the skin is just fine. it's black, what did you guys expect? black shows dust, live with it or buy the frosty white skin.

Ljay
10-25-2006, 01:25 AM
the skin is just fine. it's black, what did you guys expect? black shows dust, live with it or buy the frosty white skin. Why does it show lint ? This skin does not just show lint it...attracts it. If this was a normal occurance...why would Seido be looking into it ? I've owned plenty of silicon skins for my Ipod's(first gen,third and fifth) and also for my moto v3x and a P910 and this hasn't been an issue(to this extent) with any of these silicon cases from various makers...so, to anwser your question...I expect a case that does not go from black to grey within ten minutes and look like a fur ball after simply placing it in my pocket.

blackant
10-25-2006, 08:46 AM
I had the same lint-attracting problem as everyone else during the first few days of receiving my new skin. However, I've noticed that during the last couple of days here, the problem is not nearly as bad. I'm wondering if maybe the manufacturing or shipping process charged the skin so as to attract every piece of lint around it. If so, perhaps the charge dissipates gradually after being out of the shipping bag.

phungy
10-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Received this morning. Not sticky at all, grip is great. Like most have said, the trackball up motion is limited but not greatly. Lint loves the skin but nothing a lint roller can't handle. Overall fairly satisfied because I can be more rough with the 8100. I'd say 8.8 out of 10.

ChumsGum
10-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I had the same lint-attracting problem as everyone else during the first few days of receiving my new skin. However, I've noticed that during the last couple of days here, the problem is not nearly as bad. I'm wondering if maybe the manufacturing or shipping process charged the skin so as to attract every piece of lint around it. If so, perhaps the charge dissipates gradually after being out of the shipping bag.

hmmm, with more use, oils from your hands may naturally rub into the silicone which could explain what you're saying.