PDA

View Full Version : 7250 LED's flash twice, but otherwise dead

BlackOnBlackCobra96
10-24-2006, 01:48 PM
My Blackberry stopped working and I can't reset it. I was updating the software and I think something interferred in the middle of the update. I took the battery out, but still no luck. Desktop Manager doesn't recognize it anymore. Any thoughts how to fix?

ezrunner
10-24-2006, 02:10 PM
This was one option I was given with same type problem

You can try to recover your device using this procedure:

1. Install Desktop Manager (You can skip this if it is already installed)
2. Install firmware package for your device on your pc (You can skip this if it is already installed)
3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running
4. Start loader.exe for C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
5. Click on Next in the Application Loader window
6. Remove the battery from your BB
7. Connect your BB to the USB cable
8. Reinsert the battery
9. The drop down list "Connection:" should now change from COM1 to either USB:UNKNOWN or USB:[BBPIN]. As soon as you see "USB:..." click on Next and Application loader should be able to reconnect to your device. Now you can reload the firmware.

As timing is important for this procedure, it can be possible that you have to repeat the procedure multiple times until you succeed. Good luck!

BlackOnBlackCobra96
10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
That did the trick...Thanks!

ezrunner
10-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I havent quite successfully done it. my timing must be off!! but I believe mine is really just dead.

mike_187
10-24-2006, 07:46 PM
i really doubt its dead.

MythmbHurts
10-24-2006, 09:17 PM
No blackberry is ever dead unless damaged by water or crushed or burned! there is always hope for are little buddys just keep trying it will all tuen out ok!!!

gettingsanctified
03-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I know this thread has been dead forever, and I am way late to the party, but I had the exact same issue and this fixed it.

Thank you anonymous internet strangers!!!(y)

ezrunner
03-30-2007, 08:04 AM
You are welcome!! and welcome to BBF!
I did finally get this to work and actually sold the BB!!!

Didn't take mush time my timng was off! I love this process