PDA

View Full Version : How do I disable corporate security

BlackOnBlackCobra96
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
My old firm required that I have a password on my Blackberry and automatically pushed down an update to require the password. I'm no longer at that firm and don't want the password anymore. I've reformatted and reinstalled the software on the Blackberry, where all my personal information, address, time zone settings, etc. are gone. However, it is still prompting for the same password. Any suggestions on how to kill this feature? Thanks!

StarmanDX
10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
double u double u double u dot blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

this is the stupidest restriction I have ever seen, spambots will just start making 10 posts then spewing out their p3n1s p1lls ads. At least add your own sites to the allowed list! :mad:

scotth
10-24-2006, 04:56 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/20543-removing-policies-blackberries.html?highlight=corporate+security

finch
10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Funny we've never been hit by such, individual spammers maybe for theat reason it stops the drive by spammers. Sorry you don't agree but is what it is.

Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy)
this is the stupidest restriction I have ever seen, spambots will just start making 10 posts then spewing out their p3n1s p1lls ads. At least add your own sites to the allowed list! :mad:

Liv
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM

I understand what you mean, but you will be able to get 10 posts in here in no time.

Thanks for the link, a friend of mine's berry had the same issue.

MrKyoo
10-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Use those instructions at your own risk.

~MrKyoo