PDA

View Full Version : Reconciling

Nasdaq
10-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Hi All,
I'm using outlook 2003 with PST folder,my problem I move some messages to the PST folder but these messages are still in my BB and don't deleted, I have tried wirelss and manual sync but no use, please any advice!!

thnaks

takeshi
10-25-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't think reconciliation knows what to do when you move items from your mailbox to a PST. It seems like this should have been addressed already as many people use PST's for archiving email. However, I think you're going to have to work around it for the time being.

Nasdaq
10-25-2006, 10:45 AM
thanks, but any idea on how to play around, or any links can help me...

whsbuss
10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi All,
I'm using outlook 2003 with PST folder,my problem I move some messages to the PST folder but these messages are still in my BB and don't deleted, I have tried wirelss and manual sync but no use, please any advice!!

thnaks

If you're using the BIS (not BES) it only works on the main inbox. So when you delete on mailbox & handheld, the reconcilation poll to your mailbox doesn't know where the message is. It just ignores the delete.

Remember reconcilation is only one way: BB->mailbox.

archer6
10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Yahoo and RIM are working together and two way reconciliation will be available soon.

I use Yahoo Mail Plus as well as Gmail. I find Yahoo the very best in terms of reliability and speed of the reconcile process. While I like Gmail it just does not work as well.

Nasdaq
10-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Actually I'm using BES through one Service Provider, so in case of my problem is there should be any extra configuration from the BES...
thanks

whsbuss
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Yahoo and RIM are working together and two way reconciliation will be available soon.

I use Yahoo Mail Plus as well as Gmail. I find Yahoo the very best in terms of reliability and speed of the reconcile process. While I like Gmail it just does not work as well.

Funny, I find just the opposite. Yahoo push has delays up to a few hours at times. Not so with Gmail.

K-Mack
10-26-2006, 07:27 AM

Yahoo and RIM are working together on this? Great, but where did you read this?

bmclaurin
10-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I've had this problem forever. My firm uses a recent version of BES (but I'm not sure exactly which version number). Anyway, my rather lame workaround is simply to *copy* my e-mails into PST folders (hold down CTRL key while dragging) rather than *moving* them. Then, as soon as the copy completes, I simply hit the DEL key to delete the original messages from the Inbox. It's an extra keystroke or two, but it solves the annoying problem of having orphaned messages on the Blackberry. It quickly becomes habit after doing it a few times.

archer6
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM

Yahoo tech (internal) support bulletin, I have a friend who works there.

archer6
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Funny, I find just the opposite. Yahoo push has delays up to a few hours at times. Not so with Gmail.

Here is a solution that worked for a friend who was having the same (yahoo) problem you are.

Log into your BIS account and remove Yahoo. Replace it with somehing else temporarily. Then close it out so it accepts the changes. Then log back in and enter your Yahoo info and close out the window. This should fix it.

Cheers...

archer6
10-26-2006, 11:10 AM

Here is the official public announcement so you do not have to take my word as accurate, you can see for yourself....Cheers...8-)

Yahoo! for Blackberry (http://mobile.yahoo.com/blackberry)