PDA

View Full Version : Limiting Emails to the BB

jarcoop
10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
does anyone know if there is a way to stop my POP emails from coming to my BB when i'm sitting in front of my computer and have my desktop Gmail account open.

it's annoying to have to read and delete emails on my desktop as well as my BB...any suggestions??

FroogleThis
10-25-2006, 04:00 PM
the only change i've been able to do is in the Settings>Forwarding and POP menu, and change the last option from "Archive Gmails Copy" to "Delete Gmails Copy" when Email is accessed via POP.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I hope you figure it out!

jarcoop
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
settings in where??

archer6
10-25-2006, 04:14 PM
does anyone know if there is a way to stop my POP emails from coming to my BB when i'm sitting in front of my computer and have my desktop Gmail account open.

it's annoying to have to read and delete emails on my desktop as well as my BB...any suggestions??

Here is how I approach this situation since I have not found any other way.

I just ignore the messages on my BB when I'm in the office (and I get nearly 20 per hour).

Upon leaving the office I scroll to the very top of the list where it highlights the date (as opposed to the newest message) , click the trackwheel and choose "Delete Prior" which deletes every message. Then the only messages that appear are the ones that I receive after leaving the office. An easy one time approach to clearing out all the messages that accumulated while I was at my computer.

Hope this helps....Cheers!

FroogleThis
10-25-2006, 04:19 PM
settings in where??

When you sign in to Gmail (in a web browser), you go to the Settings link on the very top of the page. Once you click that, you will see another link with "Forwarding and POP". That's the one.

Ah ha! It appears dyslexia has struck me again. I'm not quite sure how to stop them from coming to your BB, I only know how to make sure they get deleted from the Gmail page when you read them on your BB. Sorry for the confusion!