PDA

View Full Version : BB 7100 won't power up, LED blinks red 4 times

itmediaco
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Halfway through the upgrade to system 4.1.0.309, my 7100 wouldn't boot back up after over 40 minutes of installing. I unplugged the USB and eventually Desktop Manager timed out, but the BB was still dead.

RIM sent a copy of JavaLoader which couldn't establish a connection to the BB (tried it on several PCs, with and without battery). I finally end up ordering an 8100 from T-Mobile.

Has anyone had issues with this upgrade? could unplugging the cable really destroy the device?

paulbblc
10-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Halfway through the upgrade to system 4.1.0.309, my 7100 wouldn't boot back up after over 40 minutes of installing. I unplugged the USB and eventually Desktop Manager timed out, but the BB was still dead.

RIM sent a copy of JavaLoader which couldn't establish a connection to the BB (tried it on several PCs, with and without battery). I finally end up ordering an 8100 from T-Mobile.

Has anyone had issues with this upgrade? could unplugging the cable really destroy the device?

Unplugging the cable during an upgrade is awful for the BB. I dont think the BB is completely ruined however maybe someone can respond with a 100% positive answer on that.

Magnum
10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
When I updated mine it took forever, I mean forevvvvveeeeerrrrr to boot back up and then once it did it ran slow for a while. Couple hours after the upgrade it ran perfectly.

So my advice, be patient grasshopper.....go grab a beer, glass of wine, go for a run, workout whatever you like to do that will take an hour or so to let it reboot................

rescue951
10-26-2006, 01:21 AM
reload it again.