PDA

View Full Version : E-mail Options

gypsyfingers
10-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi all,

Just got my Pearl and I can't seem to configure my e-mail accounts the way I'd like and I'm wondering if anyone can help (I've Googled and searched the forum, but to no avail).

I'd like to set up an e-mail account so that I can write all my mail from it, but also so that it does NOT download messages from the server. (Instead I'd like to download all my messages through a forwarded gmail account and thus get the benefit of the gmail spam filter.)

Is this possible? I've been going nuts clicking around on my options, and am just having no luck at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

-Ben

justin.culp
10-26-2006, 09:24 AM
There are TONS of threads about gmail forwarding....that's what most people do. Don't use your blackberry.net account....use your gmail account. Just have everything forwarded to gmail, then setup your gmail account on your bb.

You'll be fine after that.

gypsyfingers
10-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Appreciate the response, Justin, but my question was actually, is it possible to have a POP account that does NOT RETRIEVE mail, but that I can write from? Is there a setting for this? If so, I can't seem to find it.

Pizzle
10-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I suppose you could just create a filter, either in your BIS or Gmail that, when e-mail is sent to your e-mail address, it isn't forwarded to the handheld. It would stay in the G-mail inbox, though.

takeshi
10-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Appreciate the response, Justin, but my question was actually, is it possible to have a POP account that does NOT RETRIEVE mail, but that I can write from? Is there a setting for this? If so, I can't seem to find it.
Set the filters for that account so that mail isn't forwarded to your handheld by default.