PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth control/priority?

gregclimbs
03-23-2005, 11:46 AM
is there a way to control bluetooth connections/priority?

I have both a plantronics m3000 headset and a motorola ihf1000 car kit (LOVE IT)...

and I usually have the plantronics turned on during the day, but when the plt is connnected and I start my car, the car cannot pair to the bb.

I would like the car to override the plt connection, and the plt to reconnect after the car is unconnected.

is this possible? is there some setting I do not know about? or is this a limitation of bluetooth?

thanks,

g

bigdongers
03-25-2005, 03:03 AM
do you have your PLT in the car when you start the car? I have a SEH35 BT headset for the office and a parrot car kit in the car. I leave the headset in the office and when the phone is out of range of the headset, the bluetooth connection is disconnected. Then I start my car and the Parrot kicks in

gregclimbs
03-25-2005, 11:17 AM
do you have your PLT in the car when you start the car?

unfortunately yes, I am on the move during the day a lot and need the headset when on the road. And like the headset for when not in the car.

I wish I could set priority, that is , if the phone sees both the plt and moto car, it gives the moto car priority, else it connects to the plt.

dunno if that is a limitation of the bluetooth management in the bb or in the bluetooth spec.

:-/

g

jibi
03-25-2005, 11:52 AM
if its not available, i'd suggest emailing/calling RIM and requesting the functionality. it will never be added unless you suggest/request it.

gregclimbs
03-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I submitted to RIM and the bluetooth org...

g