PDA

View Full Version : What is the best OS for the 8700g

FLIPP_96
10-31-2006, 11:27 AM
After loading the lastest TMO os 4.1.0.346 and being very disapointed due to battery life, I loaded 4.1.0.355 which is the os for a 8707.

What I'm asking is what is the best 4.1 verison and why?

J.W.
10-31-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm running the stock 4.1.0.284 without any trouble and it has excellent battery life. I downloded the Zen theme OTA and that gives me everything I want.

paulbblc
10-31-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm using 4.1.0.351. I think it's pretty decent. Good call volume, great battery life and no bugs that I have found.

mymitsu3kgt
10-31-2006, 11:56 AM
I haven't changed my stock .284. After unlocking ZEN, I had nothing to complain about.

wiredwrx
11-01-2006, 07:04 PM
After loading the lastest TMO os 4.1.0.346 and being very disapointed due to battery life, I loaded 4.1.0.355 which is the os for a 8707.

What I'm asking is what is the best 4.1 verison and why?

I hate to say it, but the best one is the one that you like most.

Best is a VERY subjective term. What is BEST for me may not be BEST for you.

Sure, everyone can throw out what they are using, and they may even tell you that they think it is the BEST, and why, but again, that is their opinion, and yours could differ significantly.

That question is just begging for lots of different responses, and will be little help to you.

Michael

dc/dc
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I just download the absolute latest that's available. Not once has a newer version proved to be a bad decision.

archer6
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM

Sure, everyone can throw out what they are using, and they may even tell you that they think it is the BEST, and why, but again, that is their opinion, and yours could differ significantly.

That question is just begging for lots of different responses, and will be little help to you.

Michael

Well Said !

In addition, whether it's your BlackBerry / Laptop / Desktop etc. If it's working well for you and there are no problems, use it and enjoy!

Newer is not always better. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. When you "upgrade" you are opening up yourself to a range of results.

1) Upgrade went perfectly , I could not be happier.
2) Upgrade was somewhat buggy, and I spent a long time sorting it out to get it working properly for me.
3) Upgrade was a disaster, now I have to wipe everything and start again.

Ask yourself this question:

Just what does this upgrade fix? and am I have the problems the fix is designed to take care of? Is it really that important that I upgrade? A few minutes thinking like this can save you hours and lots of frustration.

Believe me this is the voice of experience talking here for the sole purpose of saving you some time and trouble.

Temptation to upgrade is especially strong for a hard core tech guy like me, however when I step back and consider just what I have shared with you, rather than just jump into it. I end up better off.

Cheers....8-)

archer6
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM

Michael

Well Said !

In addition, whether it's your BlackBerry / Laptop / Desktop etc. If it's working well for you and there are no problems, use it and enjoy!

Newer is not always better. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. When you "upgrade" you are opening up yourself to a range of results.

1) Upgrade went perfectly , I could not be happier.
2) Upgrade was somewhat buggy, and I spent a long time sorting it out to get it working properly for me.
3) Upgrade was a disaster, now I have to wipe everything and start again.

Ask yourself this question:

Just what does this upgrade fix? and am I have the problems the fix is designed to take care of? Is it really that important that I upgrade? A few minutes thinking like this can save you hours and lots of frustration.

Believe me this is the voice of experience talking here for the sole purpose of saving you some time and trouble.

Temptation to upgrade is especially strong for a hard core tech guy like me, however when I step back and consider just what I have shared with you, rather than just jump into it. I end up better off.

Cheers....8-)

archer6
11-03-2006, 03:13 PM
MOD's

Sorry for the double post, getting used to doing this via the small screen on my BlackBerry.

Cheers...

flash24
11-03-2006, 05:45 PM
got the new bharti.. no problem so far :D

gadgetfanatic
11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I just download the absolute latest that's available. Not once has a newer version proved to be a bad decision.

What is the latest 8700 (not 8703 or 8707) os? I am running the latest Bharti right now. Is there one newer (or is it more new?)?

flash24
11-04-2006, 05:01 PM
What is the latest 8700 (not 8703 or 8707) os? I am running the latest Bharti right now. Is there one newer (or is it more new?)?

there's a new one from sprint 8703

plchan
11-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I am using 4.1.0.351 from Hong Kong CSL. It works fine on my TMO branded 8700g. I can get the Zen theme and Chinese fonts from the CSL firmware.

paulbblc
11-04-2006, 09:03 PM
there's a new one from sprint 8703

He said NOT for 8703 or 8707.

Bharti (India) - 4.1.0.466/4.1.0.351 is the latest version for 8700.