PDA

View Full Version : Removing Telenav ??

Aceshigh
11-02-2006, 06:44 AM
I recently downloaded the basic Telenav demo that basically doesn't let you do jack spit without registering with a credit card, so now I want to delete it off my BB 8703e .....and I'm not quite sure that's an option :-o

When I go to my contacts page, I can click the wheel and map out an address , and do a few other functions that AUTOMATICALLY launch this telenav crap. I just got my BB 3 days ago, and it's through Sprint so I'm going to try and use SPOT's GPS software with the enabled GPS system on this particular model rather than paying $10 a month for some other money hungry program. I also browsed this sites free BB software section and loaded Google maps, BBToday, etc etc so I like the free option better. :)

Anyways, can anyone help a newb out on how to delete this Telenav software??? It doesn't show up in the Desktop Manager at all.....tried that first.

Aceshigh
11-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Okay, figured it out.
Can't use the Desktop manager, have to go in to
Options >
Advanced options >
Applications >
scroll to app, click in wheel >
Remove.

I'm figuring this thing out slowly but surely. :razz:

Stinsonddog
11-05-2006, 12:05 AM
If you don't like the montly fee try www. wayfinder.com for one time fee. See my GPS tips page first.

Aceshigh
11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
If you don't like the montly fee try wwayfinder.com for one time fee. See my GPS tips page first.

Thanks, I'm checking into it now. It looks like it is all for Euro phones......are you sure this is available for the US market ??
I already have Google Maps installed for free, this looks expensive.
I'm just not paying a site $10 a month for free satellite access :-o

I know eventually providers will begin trying to tag people for this, but until that time I'm staying with the free things.

Stinsonddog
11-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Wayfinder gives you dynamic routing and voice prompts that google doesn't it. You need a BT puck for it.