PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to Desktop Manager via Bluetooth

DiRN
11-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Directions for adding a BT adapter to the native Windows driver => http://www.blackberryforums.com/bluetooth-connection/28166-how-use-native-bluetooth-drivers-most-bluetooth-adapters.html?highlight=bth.inf

fh2level
11-04-2006, 12:02 AM
I have my 7130c paired with my laptop but when I go under connections in desktop manager to enable bluetooth the check box is "dimmed" and not selectable? Any suggestions????

buster
11-04-2006, 01:55 AM
me thinks that it will work with the pearl and the next software release (4.2?)...it appears to not be supported...

mymitsu3kgt
11-04-2006, 02:10 AM
me thinks that it will work with the pearl and the next software release (4.2?)...it appears to not be supported...
I don't think it a v.4.2 issue. The option for bluetooth sync is there in v4.1 It's an issue with Windows and certified bluetooth devices. Follow the link above, it has a lot of information on this topic.

mymitsu3kgt
11-04-2006, 02:11 AM
I also have that problem. I believe (atleast in my case) the bluetooth device is not a certified device with Windows (there's no security certificate) even though it connects with your BB on it's own. If you had a laptop with built in bluetooth, it would work because Windows recognizes it as a certified device. There was a couple of threads talking about specific brand bluetooth dongles that are Windows certified.

fh2level
11-04-2006, 09:22 PM
I do have a built in bluetooth. It is a brand new Dell XPS lappy and the only bluetooth service that I can use with my BB is the "Voice Gateway"

mymitsu3kgt
11-04-2006, 09:27 PM
If you try to pair the BB directly with Windows, that will be all that is available, Voice Gateway. Desktop Manager is what makes it possible to sync via bluetooth. If your bluetooth is built in, then its definately certified with Windows and therefor should be able to sync with your BB. I don't know?

Paisan
03-11-2007, 01:28 AM
I have this same issue on mine. Not sure why though.

-mike