PDA

View Full Version : new gmail app

reintzell
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I just downloaded the new gmail application and its great. Real time and a whole different look but I can't seem to view my contacts. Does anyone els have this problem with the new app

king machete
11-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I might be wrong but I don't think you can view your contacts, they pop up when you're ready to compose a new email, just type part of the persons email address and it will pop up. I think the new gmail app is really good, I'm enjoying it.

jimmymac_nyc
11-03-2006, 11:33 PM
i sort of feel like what's the point of having the new app on a blackberry? It's still not as convenient as the push mail for me at least. unless i'm missing something.

king machete
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Not everyone is going to like the app but it seems pretty decent.

oBBsessed
11-04-2006, 02:03 AM
I like it, I'm just not sure I get the point. Although I guess I could stop pushing my GMail and thus getting copied on my own sent emails (come to think of it, maybe that's the point).

newyorkbrit
11-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Pretty good, I think.

One flaw, unless I've missed something: attachments.

Can anyone view Gmail attachments? I may well have glossed over some option somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to view any attachments, sent or received.

Thanks

reintzell
11-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I just opened an e-mail and veiwed an attachment with the new app. so you can do that. Also I dont need to get a vibrate every 15 min when i get a new e-mail so i saved my e-mail address on t-mobile but checked do not forward to handset. Now if i want to check my e-mail i just click on the gmail icon on my screen and hit refresh. this works great for somone that doesnt need your mail every second. But dont delete your e-mail address on your mobile company.

dhendriksen
11-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I think this app was created primarily to get push mail like functionality on non-rim devices, such as simple motorolas and samsungs.

MrKyoo
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
This application is currently being discussed here http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/53019-new-google-services-including-new-gmail-app.html

Thread closed.

~MrKyoo