PDA

View Full Version : My calendar reminder doesn't work anymore

Wiloom
11-04-2006, 10:05 PM
My calendar reminder doesn’t work anymore. Even the screen is not popping up anymore. It’s been going on for a couple of weeks now and I just can’t figure out why.

My settings should be fine (calendar in profile is set to vibrate). Each of my individual calendar entry has a reminder time set.

Anyone has an idea?

Wiloom
11-04-2006, 10:10 PM
BTW my blackberry is a 8707g

Wiloom
11-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Anyone has an idea?

whsbuss
11-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Do you have Snooze set in the Options section of calendar?

dherd1
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
My calendar reminder doesn’t work anymore. Even the screen is not popping up anymore.

I had the same thing start happening on my BB Pearl (8100) last night.

Rebooting the handheld this morning (taking out the battery) fixed it.

I'm also having an issue with the phone itself not working, even though I've got a strong signal. The display indicates that I'm not on the network, and STATUS says I have "no coverage."

Last week, T-mobile customer support's answer to this problem was, "you need to reboot the device daily," which, of course, thrilled me to no end.

When they told me the same thing this morning I told them that I was already doing that and that it still failed to work two times within the next 24 hours. How often am I supposed to reboot AND how am I supposed to know when I need to reboot??? The only way I know it's not working is when I try to call someone. arrrrrgggggghhh!!!!!

After spending some more "quality time" with them this morning, they told me that I can expect to have assorted problems with my BB because it is a "data device" and I don't have the data plan. I told them I had never seen/heard that the phone wouldn't work without the data plan, and this evolved into an "interesting" discussion, which ultimately resulted in them referring me to a local store to get the SIM card replaced.

Time will tell whether that helps or not.

P.S. I'd already wiped the BB clean and reinstalled the latest desktop and handheld software.

JSanders
11-13-2006, 06:01 PM
You will need a data plan plan if you intend to use the Pearl for anything other than phone use, such as browing the internet, e-mail, etc. Whoever sold you the phone, if it was a TMO store, should have told and sold you that.

tyeunk
12-02-2006, 07:42 PM
This problem is also occuring with me.

I am running the lastest OS on my pearl.

The snooze option in the calendar is off and I have an alert set in the normal profile for my calendar. However, the Pearl won't alert me when there is something in my calendar.

Can anyone help, thanks!

dherd1
12-03-2006, 01:03 AM
the Pearl won't alert me when there is something in my calendar.

Have you tried rebooting the handheld (by taking out the battery)?