PDA

View Full Version : im messenger issues

TWeeK
11-05-2006, 09:13 AM
I cant seem to get any of them to connect on my VZW 8703e.
Searched " invalid connection string" and read all that has been posted and most concern the t-mo settings in the tcp but verizon doesnt have that option. I did try this:
Verizon 7250
Cellular Plan: Verizon unlimited data
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: Use Device TCP
Options -> Ramble IM -> TOC Host & Port: toc.oscar.aol.com:1290
No option for TCP configuration on Verizon
As posted on ramble site for settings and I still get the "invalid connection string" error. My port was 8080 by default so I tried the 1290 as well with no result.
I also get this error with the demo versions of verichat/ yak-on as well so I believe it to be a setting I must have changed or an app changed inadvertantly.

All other functions on the unit seem fine, it just wont connect with any im client. Weird this is that ramble did work at one time. only changes were to load the normal apps: pocket day, google maps, berry411 and the free games available.

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Dave.

TWeeK
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I stand corrected. I just re- d/l verichat and after setting up the accounts when it trys to log on the "connection timed out" error occurs. :oops:

pspiegel
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
are you on a BIS or BES?

TWeeK
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
are you on a BIS or BES?BIS sorry forgot to put that bit of info up. :oops:

MrKyoo
11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/364611-post16.html

~MrKyoo

pspiegel
11-05-2006, 05:51 PM
i am curious if this may be a regional issue as well, i do not have this problem and i am using the same setup as you, does pocketday, google maps, berry411 and the other applications you added work fine (i don't think you mentioned this).

the only idea i have at the moment is to delete all the third party applications you have added and start fresh to see if maybe there is a conflict, but this sounds like something with the AIM servers to me more than an application conflict.. let us know how it goes..

TWeeK
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Im in western Massachusetts. Its got me a bit frazzled as it did work at one point even with all the 3rd party apps already on it. I did adjust settings to accomodate them (permissions, etc). I wonder if any of that may have caused an issue.....

link here... :razz:

~MrKyoo(y) thanks brotha. 8-)

bogdan2
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
A lot of people are in the same boat. I posted about a similar issue last week. I would link to the thread but apparently I'm not allowed until I have about eight more posts. If you do a search for "8703e IM TCP" you'll get it.

In summary, all third party IM apps I tried (Ramble, MSN/AIM/Y via Google Talk, Yak-On, IM+) simply stopped connecting at some point. The only workaround I've found myself is to use IM+ in HTTP mode. It's slow to receive messages, since it pings the servers every 30 seconds, but it's not that bad once you get used to it. It's also expensive at almost $50, but it's the only one which works and only charges a one time fee.

I've also had some feedback from others who have said that Yak-On does work if you revert back to an earlier version. But you'd have to talk to the developer to obtain it.

Hope this helps.

Bogdan