PDA

View Full Version : 7100 password advice sought

1440b
03-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Naughty one this but hey ho.
Just been issued with a 7100 by the It dept have helpfully reduced the functions available and removed ability to connect to the desktop manager by password protecting the handset.

They won't budge but I want the ability to change themes, use Bluetooth etc.

Is there a way of bypassing the password without deleting all the settings so I can get into the handset?

Thanks.

NJBlackBerry
03-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Simple answer: Nope. If they have set an IT policy on the BES and that policy has been implemented on your BB, your only hope is to get the policy changed. You can not bypass it.

El Chino
03-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Why not reset the phone? I think under settings; security; there is an option to wipe the handheld.

I would make sure that you have performed a synch to backup any contacts etc.

When I got my 7100 from TMO it was apparently a returned one because it had a different wallpaper and some calendar entries.

I called TMO support and basically we enetered the password incorrect 5 times or so and then it asked me to type the word blackberry and then a menu option came up saying i was about to wipe/reset the handheld and that all would be lost. I did and everything reset back to the default. Give them a call (you will need to speak to tier 2 support)

Let us know!

El Chino
03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
oh..BES

If you are on a BES then you probably cannot change it.

NJBlackBerry
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
No, because the minute the BES sees the device it will resend the policy.

bigdongers
03-28-2005, 05:51 AM
You cant do anything yourself. best get friendly with the BES admin :)

If you think about it though, if you could easily disable their IT policy, it sort of defeats the purpose of having the IT policy in the first place isnt it??