PDA

View Full Version : How to Transfer my data to another PC?

G-Unit
11-08-2006, 12:45 AM
I have been having troubles finding information on tranferring data from my BB 7250 to my computer at home.

Here is my situation, I have my 7250 BB and have alot of information stored on it, such as my contact list, private emails, and various applications (such as Password Keeper) and a couple of games. The blackberry itself is a work one given to me, so my IT department has installed all the software, etc on my PC at work, so i sync everything at work (Outlook).

I am considering moving companies in the near future and would like to sync my data to my Outlook on my computer at home. Obviously, I cannot ask my IT department at work how to do this... I would like to have all my personal information on file so when i get another BB at my new job, I can just download/sync it and I'll be ready to go.

What hardware/software would i need to do this? I did not install all the software onto my work computer, so i really don't know how easy it is. I can always goto the local dealer and buy most of the hardware, I am not sure if the software is available or not.... and then how do i set it up so it recognizes my BB?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.

kasperapd
11-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Download the Desktop Manager and you should be able to sync.

BlackBerry (http://www.blackberry.com/support/downloads/index.shtml)

takeshi
11-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Just be careful when installing and choose the Blackberry internet email option or else you could affect mail delivery to the device when you sync at home.