PDA

View Full Version : 8703e USB Connector

whsbuss
11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I've had my 8703e from Verizon since it was first released. I just noticed that when I shake it I hear a rattle from the USB connector. Has anyony else noticed this? If its a problem how do I get it fixed?

EDIT: the rattle is acutally coming from the plastic the surrounds the USB and headset jacks. Its annoying.

pspiegel
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
mine doesn't do this, i can hear something slight if i put my ear up to it when i shake it, but nothing like a rattle that is noticable...

whsbuss
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
mine doesn't do this, i can hear something slight if i put my ear up to it when i shake it, but nothing like a rattle that is noticable...

How long have you had yours? I didn't notice it until a day ago.

seaneboyee
11-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Don't here nothing here and I've had my 8703e since Sprint's first week of it's release. I've also had the Verizon one and haven't heard anything out of that one either.

whsbuss
11-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Don't here nothing here and I've had my 8703e since Sprint's first week of it's release. I've also had the Verizon one and haven't heard anything out of that one either.

Thanks for the response. That has me worried. Does anyone know what the VZ policy is for return? Is it 90 days? Will their store honor an Internet purchase?

seaneboyee
11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head what the return policy is for their equipment, if you're a new customer, it's 15-days from purchase date. I would call Customer Service to see if you can return online purchases at a store, when I called, I got mixed answers and just ended up shipping it back in the envelope the equipment came in. Good luck!

whsbuss
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head what the return policy is for their equipment, if you're a new customer, it's 15-days from purchase date. I would call Customer Service to see if you can return online purchases at a store, when I called, I got mixed answers and just ended up shipping it back in the envelope the equipment came in. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm a 10-yr customer of VZW and I will call them tomorrow. I don't want it returned, only replaced/repaired. I think RIM has a 90-days(?) warranty. I'll update the thread when I get a definitive answer.

whsbuss
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
UPDATE:

Called VZW customer support and they classified it as a manafacturer defect. Replacement unit on its way!! This was the BEST customer support experience ever with VZW!