PDA

View Full Version : Sprint $15/month Unlimited Data Plan on 8703e?

AugustMobile
11-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Is it possible to use Sprint's $15/month Unlimited Data plan on a their Blackberry 8703e? I'm not interested in Blackberry's push email, I just want an ultra-stable device to be able to surf the web, check my Gmail on and IM with an app like WebMessenger.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked already, I've searched the forums and couldn't find a definate answer. I also called Sprint 3 times to ask and got 2 "Yes, you can" and 1 "No, you can't" ...so i'm confused :oops:

kasperapd
11-10-2006, 07:09 AM
You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to do the things you want to do.

AugustMobile
11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Ouch, I don't think paying $40/month to be able to do that on a Blackberry would make much sense considering I can do that on my Treo 700p with my SERO plan at no additional charge :(

...and I was really looking forward to getting a Blackberry, with all the great things I hear about them. Thanks again, for the reply :/

takeshi
11-10-2006, 11:29 AM
It's unfortunate the the CDMA carriers apparently don't offer a discounted BIS-only Blackberry data plan.

It has been a long time since I've used a Treo but the bad taste it left me with means that no amount of discounting would be enough to ever get me to use one again.