PDA

View Full Version : To Do List for Blackberry?

ChrisF79
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Greetings,

I'm always jotting notes on a scrap of paper of things I need to remember to do each day (like everyone else I'm sure). I'm looking for an app that I can use on my blackberry to do the same. Ideally, I'd like something where I can make a headline of sorts, like "Send client disclosure" and then when I click on it, the software would open up some details. Is there any software like this that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Chris

coreyg510
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Check the Reviews section. I did a review on IdeaMatrix and TodoMatrix a while back. Good applications. You might enjoy them

paulbblc
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Like the memopad?

rjw3000
11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Use memopad like paulbblc said, just make the title "Send Client Disclosure" and in the memo part put the description. It doesn't have reminders and all the bells and whistles, but it's pretty much the same as writing it on a piece of paper like you described. I use memopad all the time for stuff like this.

juwaack68
11-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Could also use Tasks. With 4.1 OS software, can also show Tasks on the Calendar. And you can set reminders with Tasks, too.

MrKyoo
11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Greetings,

I'm always jotting notes on a scrap of paper of things I need to remember to do each day (like everyone else I'm sure). I'm looking for an app that I can use on my blackberry to do the same. Ideally, I'd like something where I can make a headline of sorts, like "Send client disclosure" and then when I click on it, the software would open up some details. Is there any software like this that you would recommend?

Thanks,
Chris
PocketDay Lists comes to mind.

~MrKyoo

rickthornton
11-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Check the Reviews section. I did a review on IdeaMatrix and TodoMatrix a while back. Good applications. You might enjoy them

As Corey said both Todo Matrix and Idea Matrix from Rexwireless are excellent applications. I use them both daily and their customer support is the best I've ever experienced from any software company.

PocketDay lists from Crossriversystems is also a good application, but didn't fit my needs as well as Todo Matrix did for a list manager.

Both have free trials and that is really the only way to see if it fits your needs.

mroher
11-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Nextaction by blackberrybooks.com works great for me!

archer6
11-10-2006, 06:19 PM
I use Outlook 2003 on my laptop, which syncs fast and easily with my BlackBerry. It's a great combination, and the most reliable and stable of any combination I've tried. This way I have all my contacts, calendar and tasks with me at all times.

I use Outlook Tasks, Calendar or Contacts for the kind of thing you are describing here. If I need to jot down a quick note, thought, or next action, I simply create a new Outlook Task in my BB. If I'm making a new appointment or follow up I have the Outlook calendar right there to make the entry. In addition, having the ability to create a new contact right on the BB and have it appear in Outlook when I do a sync, saves a lot of time and duplicate work.

So instead of ending up with misc pieces of paper. Everything is in one place in Outlook and both my Laptop and Blackberry are current, as I do a sync each time I get back to my laptop.

alslsb
11-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I would recommend PocketDay lists. I have tried them all and I like PocketDay Lists the best!

Srwilliams
11-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I must say after reading the posts here and in the other threads after using the search feature, I went ahead and downloaded TodoMatrix. But I tell you, just like other forum members pointed out in other threads, the font size is unreadable for anyone over forty. What were these guys thinking putting such a weak cheasy font interface on such a high powered application. Even there calendars and dates for setting appointments require you to get bifocales. I am on a trial now, and if they do not get more readable fonts and screens, I am ditching this. I love it, but I cannot keep something I cannot see. One thing I give pocket lists credit for, there fonts and screen jumps out at you.

schulzmc10
11-12-2006, 03:23 PM
The Task list in the standard BB OS would be perfect for me if it would just allow you to hide tasks that are not due yet. I hate having everything done for the day and still having to stare at a list of tomorrow's tasks - or having to view the task details to see where my list for today ends and my list for tomorrow begins.

pengrus
01-08-2007, 04:06 AM
I must say after reading the posts here and in the other threads after using the search feature, I went ahead and downloaded TodoMatrix. But I tell you, just like other forum members pointed out in other threads, the font size is unreadable for anyone over forty. What were these guys thinking putting such a weak cheasy font interface on such a high powered application. Even there calendars and dates for setting appointments require you to get bifocales. I am on a trial now, and if they do not get more readable fonts and screens, I am ditching this. I love it, but I cannot keep something I cannot see. One thing I give pocket lists credit for, there fonts and screen jumps out at you.

The latest version 2007 has bigger and different font. Try it out.

tr4driver
01-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I concur with others who have mentioned MemoPad. I use it all the time to make quick notes.

Kurtis

blakeatl
01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Heck yeah! I used the memopad to do my grocery shopping over the weekend! It was amazing......well not really, but it was paperless and I saw people in awe of what I was using it for. (y)