PDA

View Full Version : GMS to Edge

amargarit
11-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi to all, I got an email from one of my clients. We are on the Bes and here is what she was asking for. I hope I can get some help. Did try a search, but no luck.

"For some reason when I hooked up my blackberry to sync with my computer yesterday, after unplugging it, under my signal strength, it changed to GSM instead of EDGE. So now I am not receiving, nor can I send any emails. How do I get this back to Edge"?

bjchantry
11-13-2006, 09:38 AM
This could be a network issue. She can pull the battery and reboot the unit and if it still stays GSM then she should check with her service provider to see if they are having any problems on the GPRS/Data side.

jungleland
11-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Just pop out the battery for about 10 seconds...Put it back in...Let it load up. If that does not work, try re registering the HRT and re sending the service books...

amargarit
11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
That seemed to work. I reloaded user, resent her service books and then had her remove her battery and replace it after 30 seconds and it worked. Thanks guys, what a professional forum. I am now hooked, line and sinker.....(y)

jungleland
11-14-2006, 02:27 PM
That seemed to work. I reloaded user, resent her service books and then had her remove her battery and replace it after 30 seconds and it worked. Thanks guys, what a professional forum. I am now hooked, line and sinker.....(y)

Glad I could help...