PDA

View Full Version : e-mail on handheld disapearing

DJJeffT
03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Hello--

Did a search on this and came up empty.

I am pretty anal about keeping my Oulook inbox and my handheld the same. But since upgrading to 4.0, I have seen older messages dissappear. Some less than a few days old. I cannot even recreate when/how it happens.

FYI: I am using a 7230 on T-Moblie, have BES 4.0. I have messages set to keep FOREVER also.

Any ideas?

I have called our corporate tech support and they claim they do not know, but I know you guys here are so much smarter.

Jeff

jibi
03-27-2005, 12:34 PM
They are being deleted on your handheld or in Outlook? If the handheld, you're sure you aren't filing these/moving them in Outlook?

DJJeffT
03-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Handheld.

And, no, the messages I think SHOULD still be on my handheld are in my Outlook INBOX.

Thanks

Jeff

jbairdjr
03-27-2005, 01:27 PM
I would check to see that your Outlook is not deleting the messages from the server. You may be getting them on Outlook before the Blackberry can get them from the server.

DJJeffT
03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Messages are on the server. I checked via multiple machines and via webmail. They are there...

Jeff

TMPhoneBerry
03-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Hello--

Did a search on this and came up empty.

I am pretty anal about keeping my Oulook inbox and my handheld the same. But since upgrading to 4.0, I have seen older messages dissappear. Some less than a few days old. I cannot even recreate when/how it happens.

FYI: I am using a 7230 on T-Moblie, have BES 4.0. I have messages set to keep FOREVER also.

Any ideas?

I have called our corporate tech support and they claim they do not know, but I know you guys here are so much smarter.

Jeff

Ok I believe from what I know it is a issue with lack of memory on the device. So in order to gain memory the OS deletes older emails. Check out this brief article which explains this http://www.blackberrycool.com/2005/03/18/00288/ One solution is to upgrade to a 7290 which has 32Mb memory since BB don't allow external memory cards to be used. Other being to downgrade your OS to less than 4.0 which doesn't take up too much of memory.

DJJeffT
03-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Hmm, while i don't doubt that may be the case, I usually have 50-100k (currently 167316 Bytes) free on my handheld.

I am all about getting the 7290, but I am on T-Moblie and it's not yet available to non-business consumers, plus I am not sure I want to shell out $300 bucks.

Anyone know how to see what programs are taking up what space on your handheld? I want to see if there is something meaty on my hh that I am not using, that I can delete to see if it clears up the problem, but I cannot see where I can see this.

Thanks for any/all ideas.

Jeff

bfrye
03-28-2005, 10:52 AM
You can remove brickbreaker, certificates, help and search if you don't need them. Also any other apps such as games, bbtoday. Also try lowering your browser cache in browser settings.