PDA

View Full Version : Lock Screen Background

mikeyb19l
11-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi

I am new to Blackberry so this may be a stupid question. But the nevertheless I do need an anwser. I would like to change the background picture on a BlackBerry device when I click on the Lock icon. Currently the background on the lock screen is a "Blue Wavey Background". I would like to display our company logo gif. Also does anyone have a tool or software to view the file structure of the blackberry when it is connected to the pc?

Pizzle
11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry...not something you can edit. The only option is to change the theme to something that allows your background picture to be the same as your locked picture. Zen theme, for example is one. When you lock the keys in the Zen theme, the background becomes the key lock screen.

Outrigger
11-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes, try a different theme would be the only way. I find BBs to be not as customizable as WM devices, maybe thats why they're more stable, due to the lack of user editing features.

mikeyb19l
11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
What about changing the name of the pic you want to use to the name of the pic that is currently being used. How can i find the pics BB use for the lock screen?

Pizzle
11-14-2006, 04:11 PM
You can't. They're built into the coding of the theme. There's nothing to edit.

whsbuss
11-14-2006, 06:14 PM
You can try the dimension_today or zen theme. It will display the current wallpaper/background when locked.

tav1
11-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Maybe I am not reading these threads correctly, but I have a different pic for the homescreen background and the locked keyboard screen. I have a Verizon 8703e and am using the "BB Dimension-Icon". I then selected a picture from "Pictures" and clicked trackwhel to select "Set as Homescreen Image". This is the pic that shows up on my Homescreen.

But, the background pic when the keyboard is locked is the same pic as comes with the BB Dimension theme. So I have 2 different pics, but the "keyboard locked" screen apprently uses the "Theme" pic. I don't think you can change this pic other than to change the theme. It would be nice if you could choose both screen pics.

frijole71
01-03-2007, 08:00 AM
dang that sucks, i like the theme i have

jgb@etree
01-03-2007, 05:16 PM
This option was configurable when I was using a 7250 w/ the Vodafone theme. You would just browse the images and select "Set as Standby Screen"

Using the Vodafone Today theme on my 8703e, I notice that it is no longer configurable! :(