PDA

View Full Version : More than 1 Alarm w/ 7130e?

sLpFhaWK
11-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey everyone, I just got my BB 7130e today in the mail and its a great little unit right now, VERY easy to setup but a little hard to get used to.. So far im pretty happy with my purchase, but as for the ALARM app im a little disapointed.

I'm on the Sprint Network and my Sanyo has an option to have 5 active alarms at once, and I use 4 of them daily, so far after playing around i only see the one built into the BB.. I need 4 different times to go off to remind me of things during the day..

Does anyone know of a remedy that would work for me? Thanks!

LunkHead
11-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey everyone, I just got my BB 7130e today in the mail and its a great little unit right now, VERY easy to setup but a little hard to get used to.. So far im pretty happy with my purchase, but as for the ALARM app im a little disapointed.

I'm on the Sprint Network and my Sanyo has an option to have 5 active alarms at once, and I use 4 of them daily, so far after playing around i only see the one built into the BB.. I need 4 different times to go off to remind me of things during the day..

Does anyone know of a remedy that would work for me? Thanks!

Alarm is to set a time to wake up.... If you want to set date and time reminders then do that in the Calendar.... You can set as many as you want...

Is this what you mean???

sLpFhaWK
11-14-2006, 11:08 PM
i need 2 alarms to wake up, 1 for 3pm and 1 for 5pm *i work 3rd shift overnight* and i have to take a pill at 6pm, and i have a reminder at midnight to check something. i checked the calender for a daily reminder but i didnt see it.. so thats why i was askin the question.

John Clark
11-14-2006, 11:45 PM
You have to add a new calendar item, make it a recurring event for the same time every day. Then set a "reminder" for it. You can set the reminder to go off any number of minutes, hours or days before the event. Maybe set the reminder for 0 or 5 minutes before the time you want to take the pill. That's the only way to have more than one alarm. The alarm clock won't do it.

sLpFhaWK
11-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Oh okay I got ya John. I just setup my reminders, hopefully its loud enough to wake me up. =)

Need
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Oh okay I got ya John. I just setup my reminders, hopefully its loud enough to wake me up. =)

I am not sure on this, but I think the calendar reminder will only ring 3 times at the most. You may want to make your own mp3 ringer making it really loud and really long. :p

sLpFhaWK
11-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks, it woke me up today. But if i run into that problem i'll make an MP3. Thanks NEED.

switzer
12-19-2006, 04:15 AM
I had the same issue because I had moved from Nokia to BB. But I installed Mobylo! MultiAlarm.

Now BB is much better :)

MrKyoo
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/58445-free-yourself-default-alarm-presenting-mobylo-multi-alarm.html

Thread closed (I sound like a broken record)

~MrKyoo