PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry 7290 Need help Please

Eddiiieee
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM
First off, I am new to the bb forums and I need some help with the blackberry 7290. I recently switched over my sim card under cingular service over to a cingular blackberry, I have a data plan but on top of the phone it says" Data Connection Refused".
This phone was passed on to me from a friend. I dont have the browser icon or any mesenger programs. This BB looks like it got reset, when i get to service books, it say "no entries" I tried going to host routing table and push registration and it said message sent, nothing happens after the following week.
-I really need help with restoring all the original programs, browser icon and getting rid of the data connection refused note.

Thank you if anybody that can help me.

LunkHead
11-15-2006, 01:37 PM
First off, I am new to the bb forums and I need some help with the blackberry 7290. I recently switched over my sim card under cingular service over to a cingular blackberry, I have a data plan but on top of the phone it says" Data Connection Refused".
This phone was passed on to me from a friend. I dont have the browser icon or any mesenger programs. This BB looks like it got reset, when i get to service books, it say "no entries" I tried going to host routing table and push registration and it said message sent, nothing happens after the following week.
-I really need help with restoring all the original programs, browser icon and getting rid of the data connection refused note.

Thank you if anybody that can help me.

Call cingular and have them resend the service books OR log into your BIS account via Cingular website and send them yourself :)

LunkHead
11-15-2006, 01:43 PM
If that still does not work then the device might not be active under your account. You will need to call cingular and have them add the imei and pin from the device..

Eddiiieee
11-15-2006, 01:49 PM
I wouldnt get into any trouble if I ask them to add a new IMEI and PIN?
I am kinda shaky right now calling up. :x

takeshi
11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I recently switched over my sim card under cingular service over to a cingular blackberry, I have a data plan but on top of the phone it says" Data Connection Refused".
Is it a Blackberry data plan? Either you don't have a Blackberry data plan or there's a data or provisioning issue.

Eddiiieee
11-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks LunkHead and TakeShi, i got my problem solve

ElbowGuts
11-20-2006, 04:44 PM
What was the problem??? out of curiousity