PDA

View Full Version : Sprint guy clueless about BB

hockeynut
11-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Went into a Sprint store yesterday to get a new stylus for my soon-to-be-on-eBay PPC6700 and was checking out the 8703e.

One of the salesleeches walked up to me and told me that "you don't want the BlackBerry, they've all been recalled". That was news to me and I asked why. He said that the company was sued and was going out of business, so I should stick with my PocketPC phone! I was very proud of myself for not laughing out loud! I politely explained that it was a SW patent issue and that the company was certainly not going out of business.

Judging by how RIMM is doing I think he may have been a tad misinformed :-)

Dawg
11-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Should call his supervisor and tell him/her that their sales droids are morons and are killing business

nmadd
11-16-2006, 08:34 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Very interesting. He must have some insider information.

LOL.

Dawg
11-16-2006, 08:40 AM
no he is an idiot that hasnt read anything further on BBS

Naked Wife
11-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Man! I gonna put my Blackberry on ebay because of this thread.

Dawg
11-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Man! I gonna put my Blackberry on ebay because of this thread.

your signature kills me

ElbowGuts
11-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Some people should nort be working in the buisness!!! lol

Tutenstein
11-22-2006, 06:53 AM
I went to a Sprint store to purchase a BB and the salesman was trying to steer me towards a Treo.

I told him I had a Treo and wanted the BB. He told me didn't like Blackberry's because of the side button!

I then asked him to tell me about the BB I wanted (even thought I knew all about, I just wanted to get his opinion) and he tells me:

"We don't know anything about the phones and don't service them. We just sell them."

I am not making this up! I couldn't believe it.

I'm in the retail business myself, and I know damn sure, I could never get away with saying something like that!!

Miata GT
11-22-2006, 07:35 AM
No matter where you go, most salespeople are the same: little to no knowledge of product, just waiting for the next sucker to walk through the door.

Dawg
11-22-2006, 08:30 AM
No matter where you go, most salespeople are the same: little to no knowledge of product, just waiting for the next sucker to walk through the door.

Yep you are correct and that bothers me more than anything when some one wants to be a sales professional, I believe they should do their best to learn anything and everything about them. When ever I run into some one new I give them a blackberryforums business card and tell them to check out this site if they hadnt heard of it before. I have given five nextel reps cards and they are selling twice as many bbs now because not only did they learn they have sent their customers here as well.

NJBlackBerry
11-22-2006, 09:01 AM
What the Sprint guy meant to say was "we were so late to sign up with RIM that they didn't send any of us to training, so I still think Palm is a growing company."

noeffectx
11-22-2006, 09:28 AM
If, I work as a sales rep for cellphone retailer store, I would say this all the time, esp regarding palm "RIM is buying PALM." So dont buy treo and get BB's instead :P

BallHawk3
11-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Its a sales job. Maybe he didn't want to help you. He does not get paid to help people, he gets paid to "activate" a new line of service and upgrading "eligable" existing customers, and of course when selling accessories and depending what kind of store you go into they'll normally get paid for attach features to your current plan. And if someone were to walk in just to buy a phone (buying a handset only) he wouldn't get paid to do so, some stores won't even sell a handset outright. And your talking about one of the businesses that has the highest turn over ratio.

He gave you his advice and opinion on it but yes he was clearly mis-informed. Kudos to you for knowing more than the sales person, that's the way it should be.