PDA

View Full Version : Problem to get corporate e-mails

emferrari
11-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Hello

I just got my BlackBerry last Saturday and since then I'm trying to put my corporate e-mail on it. I configured my personal POP3 e-mail fine but I'm having problems with the MS Exchange one.

I called my company's IT services (I work offsite) and asked them to configure my blackberry in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. They did and said to me follow the instructions:

After installing your desktop software:

Click on Instellysinc
Click on Configure PIM
Click on Calendar
Change setting to synch wirelessly

I've done this, but no icon for the coroporate e-mail appears in my device and the Desktop software shows the following: Wireless message reconciliation is NOT currently enabled. Please see Message List Options on the BlackBerry device for these settings.

I also looked into the help of the device that told me to go to the enterprise activation on the advanced options. I couldn't find this as well.

I called the IT services and they want me to mail the BlackBerry (no WAY :-o), I need it.

Can somebody please kindly help me solve this issue? 8-)

Thanks!

Eduardo

careyana
11-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Do you need to have the POP configuration as well? I'm not familiar with option for both to be running on the device.

ChefJon
11-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I administer 50 Blackberries and the BES at my work just to let you know my background. With our version of the BES (4.0) I have to set a wireless activation password. Then I (or the user if remote) clicks on the activation icon (usually the first icon on the home screen and enters their full e-mail address with the @<hidden> and .com and then the activation code that I have set on the BES.

Before we had wireless activation we would have to synch on the desktop to activate.

If you don't have the activation icon on your home screen then your problem is a little more involved. Let me know as I might remember what we had to do when we ran across that once.

emferrari
11-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Hello

Problem solved. The guy who sold the BlackBerry did the wrong data plan on Cingular Wireless.

Thanks all!

Eduardo

ChefJon
11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Hello

Problem solved. The guy who sold the BlackBerry did the wrong data plan on Cingular Wireless.

Thanks all!

Eduardo

Very good! Enjoy your new Blackberry!

careyana
11-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Love when it's a simple problem. :)