PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Microphone

fluidimagery
11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Lately I've been having this issue on my 8700 where if I move the battery cover around in different positions the microphone will cut out or turn off completely until I move the battery cover to a different position. These are only slight movement, but I can't see how they would effect the microphone. If I take the cover off where the battery is exposed I don't seem to have the issue.

I don't know if anyone has experienced the same issue and has a fix.

The phone is in good shape and everything else works fine.

LunkHead
11-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Lately I've been having this issue on my 8700 where if I move the battery cover around in different positions the microphone will cut out or turn off completely until I move the battery cover to a different position. These are only slight movement, but I can't see how they would effect the microphone. If I take the cover off where the battery is exposed I don't seem to have the issue.

I don't know if anyone has experienced the same issue and has a fix.

The phone is in good shape and everything else works fine.

1st I have heard of that... You might call and get it RMA'd and a new unit sent out as a replacement.

pspiegel
11-17-2006, 12:13 AM
for sure get a replacement, that isn't normal..

fluidimagery
11-17-2006, 01:41 PM
lol, not the answer I was hoping for. I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to get any sort of warrany support since the phone was purchased over ebay.

Is there any sort of warrany based on Serial number, through blackberry, or would it only be through my carrier (cingular)?

I'm probably going to have to get crafty with it for now.

Thanks for the replies