PDA

View Full Version : Recieving Email from Multiple POP Acounts...

wca4b
11-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi... I'm the new guy and my first post.

I've searched everywhere but can't find the answer... here it goes:

I just got a 7250 and BIS set up through Sprint, and it runs 2.0.

I have three POP email acounts and an IMAP acount for my school that I set up online through the Sprint Blackberry email setup page, and each seems to work fine in getting the messeges to my blackberry.

HOWEVER, I can only seem to reconcile (which seems to me to be the 'checking" of the email... i could be way off) one email address at the same time. I know my BB checks every 15 minutes automatically for all acounts, but it still seems to work on only one of my POP acounts (whichever one is selected at the time.) If I change it to another account, I seem to be able to instantly reconcile that one but then get email only from that account.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is:

Is there anyway to get email from all of my accounts at the same time? I don't mind only being able to reconcile my school account whenever I want using the reconcile command button, but I would love for the blackberry to at least check all three of the others every 15 minutes without me having to switch to that account.

That being said, is there any way to create multiple "inbox's" in the scroll menu on the "desktop" so I can quickly check each one? Right now it's only the "Messeges," but it would be sweet to be able to check each one immidiately and individually.

Hope this makes sense. Any help is greatly appriciated.

shaqinsactown
11-17-2006, 02:21 AM
The BIS checks all the accounts and when it has updates sends to your blackberry. Its kind of a pull and push system, where BIS pulls from your POP accounts and then pushes said e-mail to your blackberry.

John Clark
11-17-2006, 02:43 AM
...is there any way to create multiple "inbox's" in the scroll menu on the "desktop" so I can quickly check each one? Right now it's only the "Messeges," but it would be sweet to be able to check each one immidiately and individually.

BIS 2.0 should put an "inbox" for each account you have setup right on the BB home screen or in a folder off the home screen (depending on theme selection). I'm not real familiar with Sprints BIS but Cingular and TMobile's BIS 2.0 gives that feature automatically. Do you have each email account set up individually through the BIS?

wca4b
11-17-2006, 02:09 PM
BIS 2.0 should put an "inbox" for each account you have setup right on the BB home screen or in a folder off the home screen (depending on theme selection). I'm not real familiar with Sprints BIS but Cingular and TMobile's BIS 2.0 gives that feature automatically. Do you have each email account set up individually through the BIS?

As of now all the actual recieving of the emails from all POP accounts is fine. Works great.

Still trying to figure out the folder/inbox thing. All of them are set up as seperate acounts through the BIS, but no dice as of yet.

BBtechrep
11-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Just a quick question.. what version of Handheld Software do you have? With Bis 2.0, I believe you need 4.1 software to support the "email icons" appearing on your device. Might want to check into that. With Bis 2.0, each email you have successfully integrated would become an icon on your main icon listing. Are you missing those email icons? Might want to check this.

Hope this helps.

BB Tech Rep

John Clark
11-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Just a quick question.. what version of Handheld Software do you have? With Bis 2.0, I believe you need 4.1 software to support the "email icons" appearing on your device. Might want to check into that. With Bis 2.0, each email you have successfully integrated would become an icon on your main icon listing. Are you missing those email icons? Might want to check this.

Hope this helps.

BB Tech Rep

This is true....sheeeesh! I knew that. Sorry, I didn't even think about that!