PDA

View Full Version : Can't downlaod programs

vulgar_si
11-17-2006, 02:15 AM
I am sure it has been asked a million times, but after searching and not finding an answer I have to ask. How in the world do you download programs through the desktop manager? I don't have internet access on my BB so that won't work.
I tried to downlaod 3 different programs all of which gave me an error of XML Syntax error on line one. These files were .jar, and .jad files. Please tell me how to get these things on my BB. I am totally clueless as to what to do and I have looked online and in the manual and can't find an answer.

I am sorry for the newbie question. Please any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

John Clark
11-17-2006, 02:47 AM
I am sure it has been asked a million times, but after searching and not finding an answer I have to ask. How in the world do you download programs through the desktop manager? I don't have internet access on my BB so that won't work.
I tried to downlaod 3 different programs all of which gave me an error of XML Syntax error on line one. These files were .jar, and .jad files. Please tell me how to get these things on my BB. I am totally clueless as to what to do and I have looked online and in the manual and can't find an answer.

I am sorry for the newbie question. Please any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Application Loader. Click "Add." Then browse for the .alx files for the program you want to install. With the Desktop Manager you can only add .alx files.

vulgar_si
11-17-2006, 10:33 AM
I did what you said and noticed none of the programs were .alx. Is there a web site I should use for downlaoding .alx programs or are they all over the place? The reason I ask is that the place I donwloaded the other 3 from had a link to click on to download if you were using DM and those files were also .jad or .jar.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I conviently don't know a single person with a Blackberry.

EDIT: I figured out I have to go in and extract the files I want from the zip before trying to upload.