PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox and Blackberry 8800?

ARHYTHMATIK
11-20-2006, 05:41 AM
I'm an avid Slingbox user on a Window Mobile 5.0 phone. There are just too many things I hate about Windows Mobile and personally prefer using a Blackberry. What are the odds a mobile SlingPlayer will come out for the Blackberry OS on the 8800? Any speculations? Just curious to hear some of your thoughts on it.

bertiebassett
11-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Not heard of anything but that would be a killer app..

Inphektion
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
I made a post in thier mobile beta forum (i am a member) requesting this for the pearl and they responded that EDGE is slower than EVDO and could be a problem. Also asked for video format pearl supports. I responded with maybe just releasing for 8800 and using wifi until they could see better how edge performed. Also sent the video conversion specs. Haven't heard anyting else about it.

Boy Genius
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
They said it is "possible" technically speaking, and will consider it if enough people show interest

John Clark
11-20-2006, 03:51 PM
That would be AWESOME! Have been thinking about a slingbox for a while. That would make the decision for me! It'd have to be for a Pearl, though!

Inphektion
11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Well lets point them to this thread and have everyone who "shows interest" to post.

CZBB
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Interest being shown

GmcTyphoon
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Ditto on interest...As long as TMO gets their act in gear and gets 3G going...

HandleIT
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Extremely interested in this... Is there anybody at SlingMedia we can/should email?

ARHYTHMATIK
11-21-2006, 02:45 AM
Glad to see there are others showing interest! That is the 1 and only thing making me debate waiting for the 8800. I posted something int he slingcommunity.com forums, but no responses yet.

Galvatron
11-21-2006, 03:49 AM
WTH is slingbox anyway? Is it just a media player app?

CarlGalgano
11-21-2006, 06:52 AM
I am interested as well, but think this is only going to work over WiFi and not EDGE. When I try to use my slingbox over a 1XRTT connection on my laptop, it barely works. When I am in EVDO range, it works great. (BTW, I am using a Sprint EVDO card). There is rumor that Sling will develop a J2ME app and a Palm app soon, but, it is only rumor.

BTW, a sling box allows you to rebroadcast your cable or satellite service over the internet. It also allows you to control the cable/satellite box. I dont care much for most things on TV, but do use it to catch sports (especially local teams) when I am out of town.

BoxWave
11-21-2006, 03:21 PM
WTH is slingbox anyway? Is it just a media player app?

Slingbox allows you to watch your TV shows on your windows mobile phone as long as you have a high speed internet connection. It streams your TV shows using your internet connection to your phone. It is as if you are watching TV at home. I don’t think it’s available for BlackBerry yet. They are currently working on making it compatible with Symbian.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories (http://www.boxwave.com)

besadmin23
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
i will buy a slingbox if this becomes available.

gdfein
11-21-2006, 08:49 PM
VZW (EVDO) user here is very interested in a BBerry OS based Slingplayer. Have had the slingbox and slingplayer PC for over a year and love it as I travel a good deal.

I'd definitely be down with Slingplayer on my BB.

dolo
11-21-2006, 10:44 PM
That would be great!

Inphektion
11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm willing to bet more people would end up slinging from a BB than any symbian OS. Just most BB users I know aren't the type to post in a forum requesting it. I know at least 5 other people at work who would immediately install sling on their BB.

Rodolfo
11-22-2006, 10:49 AM
It has to start with Sling Media supporting the OS. Currently, the only mobile it supports is WM. It doesn't support Palm OS either. Thus, it works on the Treo 700wx, but not on the 700P. BTW, I want Sling support and Bluetooth DUN on a 3G 8800. Soon. Please.

BoxWave
11-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Seriously I can’t wait for slingbox to become available. But I wish they provided some sort of broadcasting service where they have like TV shows from all over the world and you pay a monthly fee to watch them, (hint to slingbox). I would sign up for that in a quickness because I only have basic cable! Some people are partnering up and exchanging channels! But some sort of broadcast service would make things easier.

Chris-

Outrigger
11-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I think the sling media would be great for the BB but only ones with evdo support. Try it over edge, and it would just be too slow and thus rendering it unwatchable. When I watch it on my laptop in a very low signal area, it becomes very very fuzzy to the point where it wasn't worth watching it anymore.

freakyshiat
11-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Dear Slingbox, please make it happen.

jonzis
11-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Cingular is releasing the pearl soon next year. If so, will the slingbox work on the pearl through cingular? Cingular customer that just switched to T-mobile because I loved the pearl so much. Haven't cancelled cingular yet and have a 30 day return policy for T-mobile. If slingbox will work on cingular BB pearl, I will stay with cingular.

John Clark
11-27-2006, 01:18 AM
Cingular is releasing the pearl soon next year. If so, will the slingbox work on the pearl through cingular? Cingular customer that just switched to T-mobile because I loved the pearl so much. Haven't cancelled cingular yet and have a 30 day return policy for T-mobile. If slingbox will work on cingular BB pearl, I will stay with cingular.

Welcome to the forums....

If it did work on a Cingular Blackberry, (which it doesn't work on any BB as of yet) it would work on a TMobile Blackberry as well.

This is a pipe dream that everyone would like to see Slingbox make into reality. It's definitely possible but, if you read in the thread, EDGE is kind of slow to make it really work so Slingbox would really have to put some research and engineering together to make it work. It may end up being limited to the EVDO BB's.

Inphektion
11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
It may end up being limited to the EVDO BB's.
Or the ones with wifi...

John Clark
11-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Or the ones with wifi...

oh, yeah, that one too! Thanks! :smile:

CrackRJack
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
That would be Awesome!

I don't have a SlingBox but I would get one pretty Quick if this works on a 8700.

Does the SlingBox allow you to change channels at a distance?

CRJ

ARHYTHMATIK
11-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes- it's basically your exact TV at home streaming on any internet connection. Obviously because it's video and the amount of data being streamed it's much better used over high-speed/broadband connections. However, I have read reports that if you change the settings in SlingPlayer mobile, it is possible to get 15 fps over EDGE. So that's at least viewable. I haven't tried it yet though, so I can't speak from first hand experience.

wickhamz
11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Yes- it's basically your exact TV at home streaming on any internet connection. Obviously because it's video and the amount of data being streamed it's much better used over high-speed/broadband connections. However, I have read reports that if you change the settings in SlingPlayer mobile, it is possible to get 15 fps over EDGE. So that's at least viewable. I haven't tried it yet though, so I can't speak from first hand experience.

And they have this available now for the 8700? if so what is it called and where can it be purchased.

DanUC6
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Interest!!!! Now give me my cingular 8800!!!!!

ARHYTHMATIK
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
And they have this available now for the 8700? if so what is it called and where can it be purchased.

No-- right now it's only available for Windows Mobile phones. You must use the software SlingPlayer Mobile to stream TV from your home (plus your phone must be able to stream video--which no Blackberry can right now), but since the 8800 will be able to stream video, we want a SlingPlayer that will operate on the Blackberry OS! You can purchase a Slingbox at Circuit City or Best Buy-- any retailer like that.

snowskier79
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Very interested if compatible w/BB!

rjw3000
11-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Anyone else love that commercial of the guy at dinner watching the game but telling his wife he's on the phone, then he does that spazzy thing. Great commercial!!!

BoxWave
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Dear Slingbox, please make it happen.

Yes, haha.

Chris-

CarlGalgano
11-30-2006, 06:14 AM
I was at a client's yesterday and they had just let go one of their tech guys. His EVDO enabled Windows phone was sitting around and i downloaded the Sling player for Windows and was amazed how well it worked. I was very impressed.

thriller
11-30-2006, 10:37 AM
i am going to CES in January and Slingbox representatives will be there. I am going to ask a lot of questions and we might see some new product announcements. But a BlackBerry version is in the works, i have showed interest in this too, but hate WM 5. The more people we get, the better it is ti get the project underway

ARHYTHMATIK
12-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Awesome-- hopefully it will happen sooner than later!

AlwaysOn607
12-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Definately interested. I asked Santa for a Slingbox for Christmas....if Slingbox would make BB compatible, I would be a most happy lady!!

CrackRJack
12-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Sorry to ask the same question again but how can you change channels from a distance with your BlackBerry? Is there an application that installs on your BlackBerry that emulates your remote? Is it browser based?

Thanks,
CRJ

Effoc12
12-05-2006, 05:14 PM
I would buy a slingbox if I could watch it on my pearl.:space: (y)

sowens
12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm in,
I am going to contact Sling and see what they have to say

thriller
12-06-2006, 01:32 AM
report back with your findings from Sling and see what they have to say about it.

ARHYTHMATIK
12-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Slingbox is the best thing since sliced bread. It will change your world-- seriously. I just hope Sling can keep up with the technology. It's good their getting the SlingPlayer Mobile out for Symbian users. I just hope they hear us over here and get a Blackberry OS version out... and not a year or two after the 8800 has been released.

ARHYTHMATIK
12-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Sorry to ask the same question again but how can you change channels from a distance with your BlackBerry? Is there an application that installs on your BlackBerry that emulates your remote? Is it browser based?

You can't use the SlingPlayer on a Blackberry yet. That's what we're discussing here. The Slingbox is a box you connect to your home TV and your internet connection at home. It bascially makes your TV signal a streaming video signal that can be accessed on the internet. You have to access it with an application called SlingPlayer (for laptops and desktops) and SlingPlayer Mobile for Windows (and now Symbian) phones. It controls your TV via the internet connection and yes, it is via an infrared connection you put on your TV or DVR that controls the channels.

nbavosa
12-13-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm an engineer for a MSO in NJ. We have hundreds of these spread out in the tri state area. If this goes thru it will be a hit in my group.

I vote yes.

NonCom
12-13-2006, 08:38 PM

Thanks,
CRJ

Slingbox uses a reciever application; it functions like a remote control and allows you to change channels. Some Slingbox's have built in tuners (like the Classic and the Pro); alternately some use an infrared module to control physical devices such as cable boxes / dvrs / etc.

I have a Classic and love it. I lament the fact that there is no Blackberry support; perhaps this is related to the fact that Slingboxes utilize a version of WMV encoding?

ARHYTHMATIK
12-16-2006, 04:36 AM
This could be true. But they just released the SlingPlayer Mobile for Symbian OS's so I'm sure it's possible to get something going for the Blackberry OS.

GaryD
12-25-2006, 01:18 AM
I also sent an email to Slingmedia (Slingbox) requesting they provide an App for the Pearl but have not heard back! Anyway - I heard that TMO will release 3G speed in the 1st quarter of 07. Hopefully Slingbox support will be released by then as well.

Galvatron
12-25-2006, 01:29 AM
1st quarter that's vager are you talking jo average calender year or business calender year

Oct 1 is the start of thr new business year

MSchwade
12-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Just got a Pearl and a Sling for Christmas, WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE TWO TOGETHER!!

parrishs
12-28-2006, 11:43 PM
I would love to view SlingBox on my Pearl.....

Thanks everyone......

apple85
12-29-2006, 05:55 PM
I posted a little blurb about my sling experience in the off topic forum but I mean REALLY that thing is a pain to set up. I've pretty much got a basic set up in my house (Apple Airport Router) HD TV/HD Comcast DVR (I Ordered their HD adapter) Blah blah and I couldn't get the slingbox recognized on my mac side (they have a beta version) OR windows (I run parallels) for the life of me. I returned the little bastard and sent their HD thing back to them. I Also think that when you pay 250 dollars it supports HD the connections should be built in not a seperate piece. I might consider one again if it worked on my BB and once the mac is outta beta but for now my ipod video will do just fine...

BMWLotAttendant
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
What would prevent or hinder Slingbox to make this feature available to the 8800?

Are there any downsides or catches in order to operate this software on the 8800? Cost? Memory size?

I mean, to me, it sounds like an awesome thing to have if you are bored at the airport, especially in DIA (DEN).

I wonder if it is capable of watching movies?

GaryD
12-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm all for Slingbox support for the 8100! I'll buy it in a flash! Also - TMO is going to move to 3G in the 1st quarter of 07. That's their plan and "it will happen" since they have to maintain competition or lose sales against other carriers. SlingMedia - take heed and "Make it So!"

Berry O Black
12-31-2006, 02:08 AM
Yes EDGE is slower than EVDO, But a BlackBery that would support WIFI and Also Support the Sling Box would be awesome. I know someone who uses the Slingbox with their T-Mobile MDA and it works O.K>But when we switched it to a WIFI network. Bingo Golden Money Time,

Inphektion
01-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I posted a little blurb about my sling experience in the off topic forum but I mean REALLY that thing is a pain to set up. I've pretty much got a basic set up in my house (Apple Airport Router) HD TV/HD Comcast DVR (I Ordered their HD adapter) Blah blah and I couldn't get the slingbox recognized on my mac side (they have a beta version) OR windows (I run parallels) for the life of me. I returned the little bastard and sent their HD thing back to them. I Also think that when you pay 250 dollars it supports HD the connections should be built in not a seperate piece. I might consider one again if it worked on my BB and once the mac is outta beta but for now my ipod video will do just fine...
It does kill me they don't have an HDMI port on the back of it. That was dumb IMO.

ARHYTHMATIK
01-03-2007, 05:52 AM
There's no way Slingbox will work on the Pearl. Pearl does not support streaming media. That's the only reason it would conceivably work on the 8800-- because it is supposed to support streaming media. But again, there is no SlingPlayer made for the Blackerry OS. Just Windows Mobile and Symbian currently. I've heard of people slinging on EDGE and supposedly it's not too bad, but I've never tried it.

I didn't think the Slingbox was too hard to set up at all, if you just set the ports to 443 then you're good to go anywhere and everywhere.

John Clark
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
There's no way Slingbox will work on the Pearl. Pearl does not support streaming media. That's the only reason it would conceivably work on the 8800-- because it is supposed to support streaming media. But again, there is no SlingPlayer made for the Blackerry OS. Just Windows Mobile and Symbian currently. I've heard of people slinging on EDGE and supposedly it's not too bad, but I've never tried it.

I didn't think the Slingbox was too hard to set up at all, if you just set the ports to 443 then you're good to go anywhere and everywhere.

I'm not sure that's an accurate statement. With the software currently installed on the Pearl you can't watch streaming media. However, my guess is the only reason the 8800 will support streaming media is because it will incorporate a software update (in comparison to our Pearls.) I'm sure that update will eventually come out for the Pearl at some point too and we'll be able to watch streaming media as well. Our limiting factor is EDGE and we'll just have to see what happens down the road on that.

Stinsonddog
01-03-2007, 06:40 PM
One user in another post reported RadioBee to be working on the 8100.

John Clark
01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yeah, I remember reading that too. I guess I should edit my post and say streaming "video". Although I haven't had time to try RadioBee.

Galvatron
01-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah radiobee lasts for second thae you hear nothing

rjharary
01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
This thread shows that there is interest in sling for bb devices, I really want this to happen. What it also shows is the need for blackberry to move on to hsdpa and umts.

Galvatron
01-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeeah way past due for sreaming that I think is a big factor an selling point for handsets right now I se vorizen an sprint selling more unts via samsuan an motercrapa because ther handsets suport streaming media

theyommer
01-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I can't wait for some start people to enable my Pearl to stream my Slingbox. That would truly be the bleeding edge for me.

Galvatron
01-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Hmm I think the prblem is getting the codcs to run via java and widden the bottle neck on the stream and you need an Nvidia GPU behind the lcd

dabull
01-08-2007, 12:41 AM
you dont need a slingbox to watch live tv on a windows mobile phone.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software (http://www.orb.com)

its free, it allows you to access ALL media on your pc, including streaming live tv straight from your tv card right to your phone. i just wish orb would hook up support for the pearl and other blackberry devices.

Galvatron
01-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Cept black berrys don't run windows moble an it can be hacke to shred an infected did you know yoiu can cause a windows mobile device to crash via mms? You can even read about it on astalavista

theyommer
02-08-2007, 10:53 PM
It's quiet here. That doesn' bode well for us waiting to sling on the pearl...
All you smart people out there ---- speak up and offer some words of wisdom.

ARHYTHMATIK
02-09-2007, 02:50 AM
read this:

BlackBerryCool (http://www.blackberrycool.com/page/6/)

we may be in luck!

Hitek146
02-09-2007, 05:49 AM
You guys are missing the point... :) The fact that there is no support for the BB is a perfect example of the very WORST feature of the Slingbox: The fact that it's data stream is PROPRIETARY... This is a terrible thing, and for us Linux folks, it's downright disgusting. Had the Slingbox people used standard streaming codecs, we would have been able to watch a Slingbox(had it existed at the time) on a BB years ago. I haven't looked in a few years, but even then there were several J2ME streaming video client applications that would receive a *standard* video stream just fine, and I actually used a few on my old Samsung N400 cell phone...

In reality, if you were to use some other(standard) method to stream your video, such as Media Encoder for Windows or VideoLan for Linux(both free), you could probably watch live video on your BB right now if you select a good J2ME client. One could then use VNC or a browser to change channels, etc....

Just FYI... :)

CarlGalgano
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Well maybe you are the one missing the point. Sling sells the WM5 player. I think it is about $20 a license. Using a "standard" would prevent their ability to sell the viewer to WM5 and other platforms. While I like free stuff as much as everyone else, sling is a business and in business to make a profit.

Hitek146
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but, as has been discussed by others in the past in the BB modem for Macintosh thread, why would anyone want to pursue a solution that requires licensing and costs money, when one could instead promote free and open-source solutions? You are correct, the intention of the Sling people is to make money, and, conversely, it should be the consumers intention to save money... :)

It's actually an age-old controversy. Example:

First company makes product "X", second company makes product "Y". Both companies products are made to work with a group of other products, called Widgets "A", "B", and "C".
(in this example, X and Y could be slingbox-type devices, and A, B, and C their potential clients)

First company makes product "X", and uses a proprietary format, and this format is licensed, and required for operation of the product. To use product "X" with Widgets "A", "B", or "C", you must pay for a license for that particular Widget. One or more licenses for use with one or more Widgets *may* be included in the cost of the initial hardware purchase.

Second company makes product "Y" and uses industry-standard formats. To use product "Y" with Widgets "A", "B", or "C", one could use any compatible standard solution, without requiring any license or additional expense. One or more solutions may be included with the initial hardware purchase.

First company includes a license for Widget "A", and allows a license for Widget "B" to be purchased at an additional expense, if desired. A license for Widget "C" is not available.

Second company already has many freely available solutions for all three Widgets. If one did not exist, anyone would be free to develop one free of charge.

First company sells many products to owners of Widget "A", and some units to owners of Widget "B", and no products to owners of Widget "C".

Second company sells many products to owners of all three Widgets.

First company made less profits on hardware, but compensated for this by the additional income generated from the sale of licenses to owners of Widget "B". Owners of Widget "C" are out of luck.

Second company made no money from licensing, but experienced increased profits from the sale of more hardware to the owners of all three Widgets.

At this point, profits for both companies probably average about evenly, but owners of Widget "C"(and D, E, F, etc...) are being taken care of by the second company, while product "X" is of absolutely no use to anyone other than the owners of Widgets "A" and "B".

If the first company goes out of business or discontinues their product, there may never be support for future Widgets "G", "H", and "I", even if people paid for the non-existing license for such Widgets. If the second company disappears, or it's product is discontinued, Widget support could still go on indefinitely, possibly for decades.

Both companies made their profit, one by selling more hardware, and the other by selling more software. Consumers, however, would much more greatly benefit themselves by owning product "Y" than they would owning product "X". The first company has made about as much money as the second company, but the first company has taken a great deal of flexibility away from the consumer, while the second company has given their consumers so much more...

Tactics such as these(putting factors into place that ensure that users cannot use any competitors products in the future) is what has landed Microsoft in court so many times. While many arguments can be made on both sides, no one can argue the fact that the first company has done nothing to help it's consumers, only themselves, while the second company has helped both themselves, and the consumer...

Which would you prefer???

</soapbox> :)

CarlGalgano
02-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Companies have a responsibility to shareholders to maximize profits. Plain and simple. There are many business models that can be used to achieve that goal. I have no problem with Sling selling their technology and not giving it away. If the open source model is so good, why dont all software companies use it? You site microsoft, and its well publisized legal issues, however I am sure MS just considers this part of the cost of doing business. Their profits over the years prove that their business model must work. Do you think they could have made more money by doing it a different way? Trust me, I loath MS for the most part, but MS stock has been a good one to own over the years.

I am not trying to be argumentative either, this is a healthy discussion, that is not personal, and I am not taking it as such.

If the open source model is so good, where is the competition to sling?

Hitek146
02-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I understand why a company might consider such a ploy. I don't understand, however, how the well educated consumer could fall for such a ploy. For a company to choose this business model is akin to an insult, to me. It's like the company is saying, "With enough marketing, the consumer will fall for our scheme, even though there really is a better way, from the consumer's point of view"....

There are quite a few competitors to the Slingbox, they are just not as widely known, due to their lack of marketing, in light of Slingbox's heavy marketing. It reminds me of the original Spiderman movie. Sold tons of tickets to tons of people that would have otherwise never seen the movie, simply because they marketed the hell out of it. The studios cared more about how much money they made, rather than whether their products was quality or not, so long as they made their profits. Many people left the theaters feeling disappointed, but, hey, the studios got their money. You are correct, profits are more important than a better performing product, and that is a shame. Even more of a shame, is the fact that people hear the ads, follow the hype, and "bite", without doing diligent research about competing products before buying. It is this sort of uneducated consumer behaviour that allows companies to sell more products based on marketing rather than performance/compatibility.

It actually speaks less of the consumer than it does of the company, but the result is the same: The company made their money, and whether or not they left behind a quality and "useful and flexible as possible" product as a legacy just doesn't matter. It's sad, really...

Would you buy a car that the manufacturer modified to absolutely prevent you from replacing the stereo with any other unit that you didn't buy from the manufacturer? Would you buy a home DVD recorder that would *only* let you view the created DVDs on players licensed by the manufacturer of your own DVD recorder? Would you buy a digital camera that only took pictures in an encrypted format that could only be viewed on a licensed viewer, which costs extra and is only available for one or two platforms? Of course not, you would buy a camera that takes JPEGs...

What would you say of a company that made digital cameras that took only proprietary photos? You would likely call them looney, as no one in their right mind would buy their product. Now assume that there are other cameras on the market that will take industry standard photos that can be viewed on any viewer, anywhere, but they are just not widely marketed and known about. The proprietary-format camera company could hype the hell out of their product, and probably sell many units, simply due to the fact that many uneducated consumers didn't know about the alternatives. In this example, one would expect the purchasers of the proprietary camera to be quite disappointed/upset when they discover there were better options for their purchase at the time, they were just duped into buying the less flexible product simply due to greater marketing. I, personally, don't like companies that profit from the ignorance of the consumer(although they all do, to some extent), so I always do my research, and avoid such companies at all costs, always seeking the choice with more freedom and flexibility instead of jumping at the first bait in the water. Choosing a proprietary product is akin to painting yourself into a corner. Sure, you got the floor painted, but now you've got almost no freedom to move. Careful planning could still have gotten the floor painted with more resulting freedom, but it required more thought and planning before hand, something that alot of people are unwilling to do.

There are several products that can, to some degree, become a better replacement to the Slingbox for streaming video, depending on your needs. Again, it would require research to get the best product for each individual, rather than a quick trip to the local store to pick up a Slingbox.

I watch my satellite over my network using my Dreambox, which allows me to view High Definition and all through a browser, while being able to remotely control every aspect of the receiver through the internet/network. I stream standard television/external video with a $30 TV card in one of my PCs, running free software in the background that does the same thing the Slingbox does, and anyone with a web browser on any type client can view the television with no special software(don't people understand by now, that installing *another* separate program for everything you want to do is bad?) needing to be installed. If one didn't need a built-in TV tuner, QUAD channel network DVRs can be purchased for about $200US that can stream *four* simultaneous video streams in MPEG4 over a network/internet to a standard browser. The Sony LocationFree TV box does exactly what the Slingbox does, but actually outputs industry-standard MPEG2 or MPEG4 streams. There are also several other nameless boxes that do what the Sony and Slingbox do, I just don't recall their names, off hand...

It just requires research, which, again, is something many people are unwilling to do. This, unfortunately, is partially what leads to the over marketing of such devices, in that every person that buys one of these, not knowing alternatives exist, takes it home and it works. Themselves not knowing that there actually was a better product, proceeds to log into your local forum, posting widely about their newly discovered product that could do something that nothing *they* had ever heard of could do before. Other people read their post, and the cycle then repeats, snowballing, to some effect. Hopefully, someone that knows better sees their thread, and steps in to inform, before the snowball gets too big... :)

To conclude, I ask again: Would you buy a digital camera or DVD recorder that couldn't be viewed freely anywhere without having to install special software? I think not....

Your turn! :)

ARHYTHMATIK
02-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Business models aside, I haven't found a product that allows me to access my TiVo via my phone except Slingbox. Yes, there are other options to stream live TV, but none of them compare to utilizing your TiVo while on the go. If there is a product out there that can do this, I would be more than happy to investigate it and possibly give it a try.

(According to the research I did before purchasing a Slingbox, there isn't, but I could be wrong.)

Hitek146
02-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Actually, all of the alternative methods I listed above should allow you to view your TiVo on you phone...

Edit: By phone, are you referring to a Blackberry?

Roll Tide
02-12-2007, 09:44 AM
The only reason I have held off on buying a Slingbox is because it does not support BlackBerry. I'd buy one the day a BB client was released.

Bashlor
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
The only reason I have held off on buying a Slingbox is because it does not support BlackBerry. I'd buy one the day a BB client was released.

Agreed.

Hitek146
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
^^^^

Did you guys even read my post above? You would be better off buying a product that doesn't hold you at the mercy of the company's software developers, making you wait and *hope* that they decide to support the next gadget you buy...

mas90guru
02-12-2007, 05:27 PM
I just upgraded my Sprint phone to a Moto Q and the Sling is great. If you have little kids, the ability to watch TV away from home and in the car is amazing. This weekend we were out at the movies 45 minutes early and all 4 kids were kept quiet watching Nikelodeon

budasu17
02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
HUGE interest in Slingbox for pearl and all other blackberrys. There is no reason not to.

I already have slingbox and it is awesome. To add it to my pearl would be the cherry on top.

Hitek146
02-12-2007, 11:52 PM
WTF! Slingbox fanboy central??? LOL... Well, I tried to educate, and that's what counts.... :) :) :)

Nerd
02-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I want it.

ARHYTHMATIK
02-13-2007, 04:59 AM
See, the problem I have faced with other products is the location of my home computer and the cable outlets available in my home. There is no cable outlet near my computer room. It's just physically impossible to run another cable line there without tearing up my entire house. But the Slingbox will allow you to plug it in to your TV wherever it is, even if there isn't a network outlet there using their Slinglink adapter. I'm certainly open to other platforms because who likes relying on Sling to dictate where and when you can use your box? But the fact is, the product does what it says it will do and it makes TV watching possible wherever you go. That's the reason us who have it bought it.

Regardless, Sling or any other platform for that matter would work on a Blackberry now because none of the berries support streaming media (or have high speed data connections).

ARHYTHMATIK
02-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Ok-- did a little more research-- it looks like the Sony LocationFree base stations still require some sort of "player" to be able to view the content, and of course, is only compatible with Windows Mobile right now.

rickthornton
02-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Here's my take on this issue. I recently purchased a Slingbox Pro and it works as advertised. Sling Media is one of those companies that saw a need and developed a well designed product to meet the need. While not the only product that will do this, it is clearly the leader. Most people are not capable of, nor do they want to "piece meal" something to together to have this capability, thus for most people, the Slingbox is the product of choice to do this.

I believe Sling Media will develop a BlackBerry version if they feel the market is sufficiently large for them to make money doing so, or if they feel that this is necessary to preserve their market dominance.

Based on their product, the ease of installation, and so forth, I have the feeling that they are a progressive business that is responsive to customer needs and interest. With the introduction of the 8800, in addition to the Pearl, I hope we are getting closer to seeing a Slingbox for BB.

It's hard to be patient - I have my fingers crossed for Slingbox for BB.

baccess
02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
^^^^

Did you guys even read my post above? You would be better off buying a product that doesn't hold you at the mercy of the company's software developers, making you wait and *hope* that they decide to support the next gadget you buy...

Sure, but there currently is no company "Y" that is out helping the consumer out of goodness. None apparently see a way to make such a service work$. Open source would be great for some, but many(most?) want a sealed, easy to obtain and install solution, including hardware. Some will build their own systems from old hardware, etc., find, install and tweak open source software, but they(we) seem to be the minority

Linux is a wonderful product, even Apples are fine, but the market decided to go Microsoft for now. Why?

The market will give people what they demand, unfortunately most consumers don't always make wise decisions.

Hitek146
02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
You guys make good points, and I do feel like Sling will likely come out with a client for the Blackberry...

The Sony unit does come with a proprietary client, but it is not necessary to use it; the unit streams standard MPEG, so you could use just about any client you wanted for it on any platform, including some I see that should work to stream video to a Blackberry right now. It's true that a few of the solutions I mentioned previously(PC, Network DVR) aren't completely plug and play, but they are fairly close. It would be interesting to see some sort of comparison of the various methods by which one could stream video to different non-standard devices...

Also, ARHYTHMATIK, I am curious what you mean by the TV outlet not being by your computer room and a network jack not being by the TV outlet. Do you mean that you use the Slingbox so that you are able to watch TV in your computer room? This is a very good use for such a device, but both the Dreambox and the LocationFree I mentioned before will do this. Also, if an individual only wanted to do this type of thing with their device, and never planned to use it for any other purpose, the Slingbox would be the perfect solution. The problem arises when one might decide he or she wanted to stream video to something that is not necessarily mainstream...

Anyhow, good dialog. It's always beneficial to discuss options... :)

bradhs
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Very interested .. Have a few clients who will love it.

ARHYTHMATIK
02-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Well, the reason I mention the computer-room-no-cable-outlet issue is just to stamp out the option of using certain desktop software, like Orb. It would be pointless for me to use a TV tuner card if I have no TV line running to the room where my computer is housed. Yes, Sony's LocationFree player does not require this, I just thought I'd throw it out there before anyone tried to use the Orb argument against Sling. I love Orb btw, but watching video on it is a pain if you ever need to pause a show. It takes like 15 minutes for it to restart again even on the fastest network connections.

poboxjosh
02-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I tether my tmobile pearl and slingbox. I have gotten speeds over 200 kbps. works fine if you keep the window around 6 inches.

mas90guru
02-27-2007, 05:42 AM

Thanks,
CRJ

The Slingbox software, whether desktop or handheld, contains remote control features.

From my desk or Moto Q I can program my TIVO to record, playback, pause, fast foward, etc.

This is an especially great application for anyone with kids. Mine watch the Disney Channel on long car trips.

For anyone who cannot wait, last I heard the Moto Q was $99 under the Sprint SERO plans (sprint.com/sero) - which gives 500 voice minutes and unlimited EVDO data for $30/mo.

dallasaudiguy
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Here's my take on this issue. I recently purchased a Slingbox Pro and it works as advertised. Sling Media is one of those companies that saw a need and developed a well designed product to meet the need. While not the only product that will do this, it is clearly the leader. Most people are not capable of, nor do they want to "piece meal" something to together to have this capability, thus for most people, the Slingbox is the product of choice to do this.

I believe Sling Media will develop a BlackBerry version if they feel the market is sufficiently large for them to make money doing so, or if they feel that this is necessary to preserve their market dominance.

Based on their product, the ease of installation, and so forth, I have the feeling that they are a progressive business that is responsive to customer needs and interest. With the introduction of the 8800, in addition to the Pearl, I hope we are getting closer to seeing a Slingbox for BB.

It's hard to be patient - I have my fingers crossed for Slingbox for BB.

Sling is one of my clients, and this is right on the money.

ezrunner
02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Slingbox + BB oh god please help to make this happen Please

Little baby jesus
help us

curtisnash
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
I would buy a slingbox if they supported BB

TomN
02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I would LOVE a BB version of SlingPlayer Moble for the 8800! Please Sling make it happen! That way I can totally retire my Cingular 8525.

VidGameKing
02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
WTF! Slingbox fanboy central??? LOL... Well, I tried to educate, and that's what counts.... :) :) :)

I buy off the shelf solutions versus open sourcebecause 9 times out of 10 open source solutions have clunky user interfaces, that require an extened amount of learning to use. An off the shelf solution provides me with the ablility to imediatly get things rolling as well simple easy to use interfaces.

Not trying to get too off topic here, but it's the number 1 reason I use quicktime pro versus EVERY other freeware video encoders on the market.

Oh, and lastly remeber that we are all blackberry useres. We EXPECT our equipment to work out of the box with little or no set-up... Many of us left Windows Mobile, or Palm OS because we didn't want the complications they entail.

[making it personal] That and the whole open source scene is full of "me-too" programmers who make their own little peices of poo poo software. Where as an orginized company can get programmers to colaborativly work on a project and make a single polished program. Thats why open source sucks. There's too many scrappy hard to use programs. And sure, if we all got into open source, then the world would be a better place yada yada yada... Except one thing. I'm willing to lay down my money, in truckloads to buy software that comes with support, simple instructions, and a smooth interface. Something no open source can do to date.[/making it personal]

sm4rtf00d
03-11-2007, 03:22 AM
still no app to use the slingbox on the BB8800? The company i support is doing antoher BB refresh and everyone is getting an 8800 and im pretty sure they would love to stream TV from their offices. SlingMedia Get on this!!! it'll be worth it

mymitsu3kgt
03-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I would buy a slingbox if I could watch it on my pearl.:space: (y)
My friend was able to watch his slingbox on his laptop while tethered to his Pearl. I didn't think the quality would be terrific on an EDGE signal but I've been proven wrong. If there's enough speed to "Sling" to a tethered laptop, then the device itself must be capable with a new Slingbox app.

rkneller
03-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Slingbox if your looking...

I'd buy a slingbox capable of working on the pearl 8100 in a heartbeat

kirwoodd
03-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah,
I love the concept of slinhbox, but without BB support I wouldnt use it enough. With BB support I would purchase a slingbox NOW.
Wait,
I would buy two, one for my girlfriends place too. :)

BoxWave
03-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Ah, I'm just waiting for the day...

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories (www.boxwave.com)

rashi63
03-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi folks,

I reviewed the Slingbox for a couple of web sites about five months ago. Since then, I have been using it on my Notebook and a Motorola Q. I finally ditched the Q and got a Pearl. I passed on the url of this forum to my contacts at Sling and I will let you know what they say. They are usually very responsive - let's all hope they work on this because the Slingplayer Mobile application is truly a killer app.

H3LLFIRE
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Definitely interested! The question has been brought up before ... is EDGE fast enough to support streaming video from the Sling? With WiFi in the upcoming 8300 and future 8800's this could possibly solve that dilemma. Sign me up! :)

Jagga
03-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes, EDGE is fast enough to stream media (Video & Audio) however I think it should have a somewhat buffer point ... something which may have licensing issues (QuickTime technology & Real use this) as well has a hardware limitation ? ( Free memory on a Pearl or 8800).

(RIM we need MORE memory in future models. Now with GPS & video/audio playback give us MORE memory 128MB will be quite sufficient).

JJNoonan
03-31-2007, 08:19 PM
I would purchase a slingbox in a second if there was support for the BB 8800

JohnJohn
04-01-2007, 10:19 AM
When 3G comes to Denver this will be a more interesting thread for me. I have a Slingbox and use the PC client all the time, via a Verizon broadband card. EDGE just does not move fast enough for

I carry WM Blackjack and have tried Sling's Windows Mobile client. It's not very good using EDGE. I was in Las Vegas a few days ago, 3G and Sling...very, very cool. Sling Media should get interested in the Blackberry OS when more devices are released with 3G type speeds.

I think we 8800 users would be disappointed in a Sling client for the 8800; it wouldn't be enjoyable without 3G or Wifi.

dallasaudiguy
04-01-2007, 10:45 AM
See, the problem I have faced with other products is the location of my home computer and the cable outlets available in my home. There is no cable outlet near my computer room. It's just physically impossible to run another cable line there without tearing up my entire house. But the Slingbox will allow you to plug it in to your TV wherever it is, even if there isn't a network outlet there using their Slinglink adapter. I'm certainly open to other platforms because who likes relying on Sling to dictate where and when you can use your box? But the fact is, the product does what it says it will do and it makes TV watching possible wherever you go. That's the reason us who have it bought it.

Regardless, Sling or any other platform for that matter would work on a Blackberry now because none of the berries support streaming media (or have high speed data connections).

I use this and it work extremely well. My sling is next to my directTivo box, and the power line adapter is plugged in next to my router.

CompUSA.com: Sling Media SlingLink Ethernet Connection Bridge - SL100-100 - Networking » Wired » Media Players (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=335887&Pn=SlingLink_Ethernet_Connection_Bridge)

ARHYTHMATIK
04-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Yep-- that's what I use. The Slinglink. Works great!

CHECK THIS OUT- an article about what platforms Sling has in the works, and where it will be headed next.

Where Should SlingPlayer Go Next? - The Top 10 Unsupported Platforms: Sling Community (http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/18946/Where-Should-SlingPlayer-Go-Next----The-Top-10-Unsupported-Platforms/)

kirwoodd
04-03-2007, 09:06 AM
<snjip>
I think we 8800 users would be disappointed in a Sling client for the 8800; it wouldn't be enjoyable without 3G or Wifi.

I would be ok with just being able to control my dvr.
I want to be able to get access to my DVR and tell it to record Futurama for me while I am on the road so that I can watch it when I get home.

lorengroves
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm very interested - would pay up to $50 bucks one time for the app.

JEEPers
04-16-2007, 01:48 AM
Anything new on this yet?

ARHYTHMATIK
04-17-2007, 02:45 AM
This is the latest info available:

Where Should SlingPlayer Go Next? - The Top 10 Unsupported Platforms: Sling Community (http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/18946/Where-Should-SlingPlayer-Go-Next----The-Top-10-Unsupported-Platforms/)

Looks like Blackberry is #2 on the list. But there isn't even a BB out yet that can stream video via the internet.

miclev
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I think no chance to get acceptable quality with GPRS or EDGE. You need UMTS or, better, HSDPA

zoukis05
04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Actually I have been waiting for slingbox on the blackberry. It's gotten to the point that I was actually looking for a new phone with 6.0 because I will never touch another one with 5.0, but my pearl is too perfect right now.

itladyee
04-23-2007, 10:33 PM
This would be a dream come true. They just released for Palm....so (fingers crossed).

Definitely INTERESTED!!

dugknight
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm very interested!

texasag90
05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Man, this would be cool.
U would use a BB client.

scottlma
05-03-2007, 07:58 PM
In the unlikely event that SlingMedia would make us all happy with a BB client for streaming capable BBs, would the stream have to flow through the BES for corp users ?

Brad00111
05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I sent an email to Sling and here is the response I received (and it was fast as well!)

Hi Brad, thanks for the email. Many of us are Blackberry users at Sling so support of the platform is on our wish list. Most of their current phones don’t support 3G/high speed broadband (e.g. EVDO, UMTS, HSDPA) and lack the necessary multimedia components that will allow our application to work. As their devices evolve and the 2 aforementioned issues are addressed, we’ll certainly give strong consideration to those devices.

Thanks,

Chris Blocker

Director, Business Development

carl rifkind
07-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I'd throw in cash to any programmer who would want to give this a shot.
I have the detailed BlackBerry video specs on hand if anyone needs 'em.

cwosigns
07-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I used a Treo 700wx with my Slingbox, but the Treo was so maddening I switched back to my BlackBerry 8703e, then upgraded to the 8830. If I could use it with my Slingbox that'd be sweet. If I could use it with my Slingbox and if the GPS was enabled, I'd just about be in heaven.

lori8007
07-09-2007, 02:14 AM
i will buy a slingbox if this becomes available

mundyb
07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
This would defiantly make me buy a Slingbox. If I weren't already a BB user though I wouldn't base my decision to buy a BB just because of Slingbox. There are just too many other reasons to use a BB, the most recent happens to be a media player.

Blades255
07-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I have hooked up my Pearl as a modem to my laptop and can watch Slingbox through the web. I know this is not the same, but for those of us that have the blackberry and are not switching anytime soon it is at least something.

I use T-Mobile so I have unlimited data for my blackberry so no worries there. I have tested this process and it does work.

rsaulnie
08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Very interested in seeing a player for the 8300
Richard

jaxberry
08-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Will become a slingbox customer if it worked with my VZW 8830!

test54
08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
not this crap again. They just put out a beta for Symbian OS phones. I'd suggest if your in need of sling on your phone go get a 3G Nokia, you should be good to go.

HiTs
08-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Apparantly a Blackberry version is next on the list for development.... check out the link and video:

Slingplayer Mobile coming to BlackBerry? | BlackBerry Cool (http://blackberrycool.com/2007/08/13/005347/)

JRSCCivic98
08-14-2007, 12:02 AM
OS 4.3 for the BB will have stream support so I think it looks promissing.

test54
08-14-2007, 07:02 AM
yeah, just need the bandwidth to do it. I dont think BB will be next on the list.
I think EDGE will not be a good option.

DSS597
08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah, just need the bandwidth to do it. I dont think BB will be next on the list.
I think EDGE will not be a good option.

Yeah, but don't forget the smarter BB users made sure to get with an EVDO carrier. I actually feel for for users that don't get the full effect with their BB due to being on EDGE. At one point I was one of those users. I had a 7100i on Nextel, and a 7100t with T-Mobile, and I'll be honest with you, I never even used the browser because it was just so slow. Now being on Sprint's EVDO it is the difference between night and day on the speed with the browser; I actually use it daily now. Even when I tether it via Bluetooth, I'm getting download speeds over 1mb.

I can't see Slingbox ruling out BB at all since it's used by most fortune 500 companies and almost everyone in the entertainment industry, which means spending $250 on a Slingbox is nothing to them, especially when it's part of their "work".

test54
08-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah EVDO should be fine.
However they are not putting BB anywhere near the top with Palm, WM and now symbian already getting sling clients it appears BB is near the bottom. It makes sense though, corp. america is not as fast to switch to new devices as the consumer market, and the people I think that are going to be sling users are the middle people the high end consumer market, not corp. or entry consumer.

JRSCCivic98
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
You guys are missing the point. The other mobile clients are already done. The next mobile client to start work on will be Blackberry or iPhone and since the BB market is bigger that will probably get the work first. If you watch the video posted you'll see the CEO state this.

DSS597
08-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm not missing the point, I agree. They're going to have to make the BB client the priority due to the number of BlackBerry customers out there.

harryzuluberries
08-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't know.......with Cupertino's marketing machine and the iPhone's hullabaloo I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the iPhone first. Everybody wants to be down with the latest, greatest thing in terms of corporate america (read: slingbox's people). While I think the BB would be the logical next step, when has a corporation done anything that we plebes would consider logical?

level9
08-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes! Will definitely buy a slingbox if they support BB.

AndrewAZ
08-14-2007, 10:15 PM
They have a lot of technical issues to work out first.. There still isnt a beta yet..

AndrewAZ
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't know.......with Cupertino's marketing machine and the iPhone's hullabaloo I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the iPhone first. Everybody wants to be down with the latest, greatest thing in terms of corporate america (read: slingbox's people). While I think the BB would be the logical next step, when has a corporation done anything that we plebes would consider logical?

Why would apple want you to use sling... They are going to want you to use apple tv, itunes music/video store.

test54
08-14-2007, 10:36 PM
nah but from the sling point of view the iphones would be better simply because of the larger and better screen. also built in wifi would be a plus as well.
things for them to weigh out. until appletv can stream media like sling then i dont see apple putting up any road blocks on this.

JRSCCivic98
08-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Why would apple want you to use sling... They are going to want you to use apple tv, itunes music/video store.

Not only that, but Apple doesn't support 3rd party apps on the iPhone at the moment. (As in, they won't run.) This in itself will prove to be some resistance that the BB camp doesn't have to worry about.

mlrtime
08-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't have a sling but I will purchase one if they come out with a 88xx client.

:bb:

BruceDBR
08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
I DO miss being able to watch my slingbox on my mobile phone. I had a Motorola Q prior to switching to the Blackberry 8830.

PLEASE Sling Media, bring us the BB support!

Jay5
08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Slingmedia,

Why have you forsaken us? Why wont you at least give us an idea of what is going on?

No need to be so secret!

John Clark
08-30-2007, 09:16 PM
yep, would sure be a nice addition to my sling luxury!

maddmax
08-31-2007, 12:15 AM
slingbox sounds great to me. i have a 8300 from the new AT&T. Anyone have any help for the yahoo messenger that i can only download and not use????
Just point me down the right path i can find my way from there.

John Clark
08-31-2007, 12:18 AM
I suggest JiveTalk. It's not free, but well worth the money. It works with all the major IM providers.

beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging (http://www.beejive.com)

JaredH
08-31-2007, 12:35 AM
I was ready to by a slingbox at work until I found out it's only for mobile based phones.

I would buy one if they made an app to support as well.(y)

Stevie B
10-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I just got a BB 8320 and I love it, but not having my slingbox sucks. I had a windows mobile phone and the only thing I really didn't want to part with was having access to my slingbox. It would be a great addition!!!!

DSS597
10-27-2007, 10:46 PM

There are way more Blackberry's out there than iPhones. The can only count for what, a little over a million?

DSS597
10-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I just got an email from SlingMedia Beta this week asking me to plug in the specs on my beta profile for the type of BlackBerry that I have. Maybe testing software to follow soon???

Anyone else signed up as a SlingMedia Beta member? Did you get the email as well?

Ulukia
10-19-2008, 04:24 PM
I have as well.

DSS597
10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I hope that means we're getting closer. I set up a profile for all 3 of my different BB's, the last one being a Bold. I'm sure it's all going to be based on the OS version, and the actual device itself shouldn't matter.

John Clark
10-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

I got one too!!

:-)

JEEPers
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
How do I sign up to be a Sling Beta tester?

... just found the answer to my question ...

https://beta.slingmedia.com/