PDA

View Full Version : Traveling/External Stereo Speakers for a Pearl?

bikedogrun
11-20-2006, 08:10 PM
What have you bought? ... found that works well with your Pearl???

I had a very nice, very small folding stereo speaker widget for my Sony Ericsson W810i that worked wonderfully well. Sadly; it will only work for Sony Ericsson Walkman phones as the connector is identical to the proprietary charger connector on the bottom of the Walkman phones. :cry:

I'd love to hear your recommendations for a similar small, folding stereo speaker unit that works well for the Pearl.

Thanks!

/BD 8-)

Szadzik
11-20-2006, 09:03 PM
What have you bought? ... found that works well with your Pearl???

I had a very nice, very small folding stereo speaker widget for my Sony Ericsson W810i that worked wonderfully well. Sadly; it will only work for Sony Ericsson Walkman phones as the connector is identical to the proprietary charger connector on the bottom of the Walkman phones. :cry:

I'd love to hear your recommendations for a similar small, folding stereo speaker unit that works well for the Pearl.

Thanks!

/BD 8-)

Just use the W810 connector. It can be bought without any problems for a few bucks. It is a cable with Sony-Ericsson data connection on one side and a female jack plug on the other. You would also need a jack-to-jack cable to connect the Pearl to the SE connector.

BoxWave
11-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Hay guys, I’m looking for something similar -- is there such a thing as universal external stereo speakers, which you can plug into your phone using a mini USB jack.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories (http://www.boxwave.com)

Szadzik
11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Hay guys, I’m looking for something similar -- is there such a thing as universal external stereo speakers, which you can plug into your phone using a mini USB jack.

The Pearl does not transfer sound through mini usb, so even if you buy such a device it won't work with the Pearl.

There are universal portable speaker with a jack-jack connection.

bikedogrun
11-21-2006, 04:52 PM
There are universal portable speaker with a jack-jack connection.I'm about to order the Creative TravelSound i300 ... should work well from the reviews I've read.

/BD 8-)