PDA

View Full Version : Why does my Blackberry browser keep disappearing/reappearing?

mbn
03-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Last week, my firm upgraded to BES 4.0 and then the admins (very new to BES administration, but learning fast) went rooting around in the policies- yeah, you know what happens when policy changes are made by guys who don't fully understand what they're doing. It took me a week to convince them that allowing other service books had no effect on pin to pin messaging, which they wanted to block.

Now, every few minutes my blackberry browser disappears and reappears. It's very quick and it took me a while to narrow down that it was the blackberry browser icon that was disappearing because the icons shifted so fast.

Is there a specific policy in the BES that anyone can think of that would cause this?

:razz:

Zro
03-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Is there a specific timing that this is happening? as in once a minute? if so, open up your service books and watch them. Is the "Desktop [IPPP]" service book disappearing and reappearing?

As for specific settings in the policies, I'd ask in the Admin section, they'll probably be more helpful :)

Zro