PDA

View Full Version : Need help probably from an expert.

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Maybe I messed up something but I've tried everything I know to reload 8700 OS. Finds the device just fine lets me select the apps I want and then when it uploads RAM image (just before loading of files) I get an error message, saying: This system software is not designed for the connected device.

Now I'm sure is is the correct version and everything,maybe its something inside my blackberry, but wiping it did not work either.

thanks
mike

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:08 PM
What did you do JUST before getting this problem?

What OS are you using?

To make this real simple:

--Backup your device!

--Download javaloader or jl_cmder
Link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/18789-jl_cmder.html?highlight=javaloader

--Plug device into PC via USB and open javaloader or jl_cmder

--Run a USB Wipe

--Open Desktop manager, then click on Application Loader and reinstall the OS.....

--Restore backup and away you go :)

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
those are the exact things i have been trying and it will not work, i also find it weird that wiping the device does not get rid of the password (using javaloader or jl_cmder) but thats not really mi issue. all i tried was to upgrade to a newer version and now will not do it.

I select all the apps and just before its supposed to Load JVM errors out with the message I've seen at least 10 times.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
those are the exact things i have been trying and it will not work, i also find it weird that wiping the device does not get rid of the password (using javaloader or jl_cmder) but thats not really mi issue. all i tried was to upgrade to a newer version and now will not do it.

I select all the apps and just before its supposed to Load JVM errors out with the message I've seen at least 10 times.

Odd... javaloader *should* completley remove the entire OS... When done the device should not even boot to the welcome screen....

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
it doesn't i get the 507 once i wipe it but somehow the password stays.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:19 PM
it doesn't i get the 507 once i wipe it but somehow the password stays.
Was the OS upgrade interupted? I have seen a few devices before where the OS upgrade was botched (via reboot, disconnect ect) and the ribbon was fried...

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
no nothing like that just tried upgrading and it wouldn't do it, so then i wiped to try again, same thing. dunno what to do right now :(

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
no nothing like that just tried upgrading and it wouldn't do it, so then i wiped to try again, same thing. dunno what to do right now :(

Ok... I am assuming you are doing javaloader.... and not a wipe from the handheld... BIG difference..

Try the info listed in this thread... It worked for others :)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/53140-just-how-bad-am-i-screwed.html?highlight=507+error

John Clark
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM

You've deleted the vendor.xml file? Your ABSOLUTELY certain the OS is the right one? I'm not trying to label you as a noob or anything, just making sure.

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
yea deleted vendor.xml and using 8700 OS, never before seen this error message.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
yea deleted vendor.xml and using 8700 OS, never before seen this error message.
The error message is quite common for botched OS.... I just hope your BB is not corrupt to the point of no return...

Javaloader is the final step to tell all... If that does not fix it then IMHO to RIM it must go...

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:36 PM
The error message is quite common for botched OS.... I just hope your BB is not corrupt to the point of no return...

Javaloader is the final step to tell all... If that does not fix it then IMHO to RIM it must go...

the link you gave me and i followed the steps and when i gets to to the part where i got to clock next in application loader, it gives me the same error only now earlier.

i guess im scrwed. is there maybe a file somewhere that tells app loader if its the right device, thats editable?

John Clark
11-21-2006, 07:38 PM
the link you gave me and i followed the steps and when i gets to to the part where i got to clock next in application loader, it gives me the same error only now earlier.

i guess im scrwed. is there maybe a file somewhere that tells app loader if its the right device, thats editable?

Will it let you reinstall your old OS?

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:39 PM
im not sure i'm going to reinstall and let you know in a few miin.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:41 PM

Ok lets slow down here...

Are you using Windows? I assume so since 99 percent of the world uses it except me... :)

Click start then to control panel, then add/remove programs...

Remove the blackberry handheld software... Reinstall the handheld software off of the CD that came with device OR download the current handheld version form your carrier...

NJBlackBerry
11-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Any chance you were playing around with the 8703 software and the 8700 software.

Follow Lunkhead's instructions. Delete all version of the BlackBerry Handheld software from your PC. Then install the latest version for the 8700.

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:45 PM
ok i have no idea what is going on, my old OS is installing now without a problem. as long as it works just cant figure out what it could be, that may mean i may not be able to take someother future updates too.

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Any chance you were playing around with the 8703 software and the 8700 software.

Follow Lunkhead's instructions. Delete all version of the BlackBerry Handheld software from your PC. Then install the latest version for the 8700.

no wasn't 8703, it was 8700 software (Baharti I belive). and tried deletaing everything re-installing. i think i'm going back to .309 now, since that works. just so weird.

LunkHead
ok i have no idea what is going on, my old OS is installing now without a problem. as long as it works just cant figure out what it could be, that may mean i may not be able to take someother future updates too.
Far Out! :)

Glad you will be a BBin in no time flat :)

John Clark

Edit: Glad it's working again!

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:49 PM
I think you may have inadvertantly tried installing the wrong 8700 OS...like 8703 or 8707 or something.

Ya I think you and NJ are right on here... But he back up and running now, glad we all pooled together and got him back from a close death call :)

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:49 PM
I think you may have inadvertantly tried installing the wrong 8700 OS...like 8703 or 8707 or something.

nah 8700 Baharti, I wasn't installing the wrong OS, just weird problems I have never seen and I have done these upgrades many times.

Anyway thanks guys for quick replies, appreciate it.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:52 PM
nah 8700 Baharti, I wasn't installing the wrong OS, just weird problems I have never seen and I have done these upgrades many times.

Anyway thanks guys for quick replies, appreciate it.

One thought here... You said the upgrade did not work right? Did it shut down or did you pull plug?? Might have been corrupted / possessed... :)

John Clark
11-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Ya I think you and NJ are right on here... But he back up and running now, glad we all pooled together and got him back from a close death call :)

Makes my stomach churn thinking of a dead BB just from trying an upgrade!! What could be worse???

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Makes my stomach churn thinking of a dead BB just from trying an upgrade!! What could be worse???

My belovid Broncos getting beat by the Chiefs on turkey day......

Well... Ok i see your point :)

mike_187
11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
One thought here... You said the upgrade did not work right? Did it shut down or did you pull plug?? Might have been corrupted / possessed... :)

hmm everything seemed normal but just kept getting that error message, like I am trying to install software thats not made for 8700.

maybe i'll try again when this one loads ok. lol or maybe i should just let it be.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
hmm everything seemed normal but just kept getting that error message, like I am trying to install software thats not made for 8700.

maybe i'll try again when this one loads ok.

Or your BB is possessed by my avitar.... Bad Beastie! :)

John Clark
11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
My belovid Broncos getting beat by the Chiefs on turkey day......

That's pretty bad as well!!

John Clark
11-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Or your BB is possessed by my avitar.... Bad Beastie! :)

If you knew the airplane, you'd know I think you're probably right sometimes!!

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:03 PM
If you knew the airplane, you'd know I think you're probably right sometimes!!

Dont know the aircraft... Care to elaborate? :)

mike_187
11-21-2006, 08:05 PM
lol sounds very possessed to me, any blackberry exorcists around? and what about this aircraft?

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:07 PM
lol sounds very possessed to me, any blackberry exorcists around?
Throw garlic at it, do a rain dance and then *important* toss holy water in it's dirrection (not on it)

:)

John Clark
11-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Dont know the aircraft... Care to elaborate? :)

Usually if it gets any kind of glitch, avionics, etc. we have to reboot it. Just like a BB. Great airplane though.

mike_187
hahahahahahahah thats funny, oo and my bb is back to life now, did a restore and just as good as it was.

John Clark
Throw garlic at it, do a rain dance and then *important* toss holy water in it's dirrection (not on it)

:)

yeah, but it's built in Israel!!!

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Usually if it gets any kind of glitch, avionics, etc. we have to reboot it. Just like a BB. Great airplane though.

Kewl! Super secret stuff! Ya baby! I in the know now :) :)

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:11 PM
yeah, but it's built in Israel!!!
I was in Tel-Aviv (Holon) during *part* of desert storm with a Patriot missile company....

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:19 PM
my bb is back to life now, did a restore and just as good as it was.
Sweeeeeet! Glad you are back! :)

John Clark
11-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I was in Tel-Aviv (Holon) during *part* of desert storm with a Patriot missile company....

Really, this airplane is built in Tel Aviv. I've never been there...

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Really, this airplane is built in Tel Aviv. I've never been there...

I was only there during desert storm... We were in a peanut fireld outside of Tel-Aviv (Holon)...

The Israeli people treated us like KINGS! I love the people and the country... One day (when I win the lotto) i'm going back! We had a company in Hifa as well but I was in Tel-Aviv....

I was a NBC (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical) dude that was temporarily assigned and I LOVED it!

mike_187
11-21-2006, 11:13 PM
well tried again, and no luck same problem and it seems to be in the 8700g.sfi file and i cant figure out why.

w/e back to telestra.