PDA

View Full Version : 8700c help

Jenova
11-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I have an 8700c. I was taking it apart to clean the display of dust, I put it back together and I was tightening the screws until one of the heads completely broke off.

Is there anyway I can take out the broken screw without damaging the housing or the circuitry in the process?

John Clark
11-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I have an 8700c. I was taking it apart to clean the display of dust, I put it back together and I was tightening the screws until one of the heads completely broke off.

Is there anyway I can take out the broken screw without damaging the housing or the circuitry in the process?

Take out the remaining screws and pull the cover apart. Then remove what's left of the screw. That's what I'd try.

LunkHead
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM

Yikes!

Try above and *if* you get the screw out i'd call RIM as see if they can snail mail you a new screw....

Jenova
11-22-2006, 12:15 PM
I got it out, thanks for the tip John. (y)