PDA

View Full Version : Disabling Backlight when Plugging In and Out

sganesh
11-21-2006, 09:16 PM
I have a Sprint 8703e. Is there any way to disable the backlight turning on when the unit is plugged in to or unplugged from the USB cable or charger ?

rescue951
11-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Does it stay on when charging? Is this what you mean?

sganesh
11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Does it stay on when charging? Is this what you mean?

No...the backlight comes on when the USB or charger cable is plugged in or taken out and stays on for the "Backlight Timeout" period (my setting is 30 sec) then turns off....

I want the backlight to stay off when the cable is inserted or removed from the Blackberry.

John Clark
11-22-2006, 12:25 AM
No...the backlight comes on when the USB or charger cable is plugged in or taken out and stays on for the "Backlight Timeout" period (my setting is 30 sec) then turns off....

I want the backlight to stay off when the cable is inserted or removed from the Blackberry.

doesn't work that way...sorry.

mike_187
11-22-2006, 12:28 AM
i don't think thats possible, i think its built into the OS. You can try downloading an app called bblight and see if it lets you adjust something like that. even then i don't believe there is such a setting.

sorry 4 asking but why would you want this? when you plug in the unit you usually want the light on for a few seconds to see if the charging battery icon shows up.

John Clark
11-22-2006, 12:31 AM
...and if it lights up at all when you plug it in, it means it's charging. If it doesn't light up, it's not charging. Have run into that in hotels when the light switch controls the plug I just plugged into! Wake up in the morning not charged. What a let down that is!

mike_187
11-22-2006, 12:34 AM
...and if it lights up at all when you plug it in, it means it's charging. If it doesn't light up, it's not charging. Have run into that in hotels when the light switch controls the plug I just plugged into! Wake up in the morning not charged. What a let down that is!

lol i bet, hasn't happened to me but i know how much that sucks.

sganesh
11-22-2006, 12:47 AM

You know...I hadn't thought about that....maybe it's a good thing that the backlight comes on....thanks :smile: