PDA

View Full Version : Switch Device Wizard Problem

mistermonday
11-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi, I am a 1st time Blackberry user with an 8100 Pearl. It is an awesome piece of engineering! I tried to get the Switch Wizard to import my 10 years worth of Palm Addresses from my Treo but got a message that said it could not import the calendar and contact list because my Blackberry is synchronized with my corporate enterprise server. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?
Thanks & Regards,
Murray

John Clark
11-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi, I am a 1st time Blackberry user with an 8100 Pearl. It is an awesome piece of engineering! I tried to get the Switch Wizard to import my 10 years worth of Palm Addresses from my Treo but got a message that said it could not import the calendar and contact list because my Blackberry is synchronized with my corporate enterprise server. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?
Thanks & Regards,
Murray

Try disabling wireless sync in calendar and contact list and then try importing again. Once it's in there you can set it to wireless sync again. I did this once, a long time ago, and I think that's how I did it.

mistermonday
11-22-2006, 12:39 AM
John, thanks for the help. I will try it and let you know.
Best Regards, Murray

mistermonday
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
John, disabling helped. The wizard began and a dialog window came up stating that it was translating the info. The status bar displayed 4 rectangles and the hard drive was clicking but it stayed that way for about an hour. It was impossible to tell if it was still translating or just hung up. I didn't think it could take that long to transfer a couple of MB worth of text so I cancelled the operation. Does the Treo device need to be plugged in to the computer or will the s/w find my stored profile in the Handspring / Palm folder?
Thanks & Best RGds
Murray