PDA

View Full Version : interested in blackberry

Nevermore
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
To be honest i have little to no interest in the business benefits of blackberry. I am considering buying one because I can get them at 60 bucks a pop and I heard they were great. Now i need and opinion on what phone... device is best suit for a teenager interested in expanding his technological horizons. I would prefer a device that has audio capabilities such as mp3 playback, bluetooth expandability, and a camera would be a bonus but audio is almost a must (either way I'm getting a blackberry). Thanks in advance for the feedback it is greatly appreciated.

snowskier79
11-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Where are you getting blackberries for $60 a piece?

For what your interest are you would be interested in the Pearl currently provided by Tmobile, soon with Cingular.

Why are you so intersted in a BB if you do not want the email or synch capabilities? Plenty of other devices that have better features than the Pearl.

Nevermore
11-22-2006, 06:36 PM
As I said, price, and well i did not clarify that it could be a good investment at 60 dollars. As i get familiar with the phone their could be ways i could adapt it to my lifestyle which is on the go and never at a computer. Basically the premise of my purchase will be those three features i asked about and the rest of the phone i will manage to fit in to my everyday life.

Nevermore
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Also I currently use a Sony Clie, In what ways could i use the Blackberry to replace the Clie in order for me to not have to carry around both.

snowskier79
11-22-2006, 07:58 PM
As I said, price, and well i did not clarify that it could be a good investment at 60 dollars.

Right so back to my post, where are you getting BBs for $60 a pop?

As i get familiar with the phone their could be ways i could adapt it to my lifestyle which is on the go and never at a computer.

If you intend on using the internet you will have to have a data plan which includes email some start at $19 a month going up to $44 a month.

Basically the premise of my purchase will be those three features i asked about and the rest of the phone i will manage to fit in to my everyday life.

Once again the Pearl is what you are looking for in those three features.

Naked Wife
11-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

unless you're getting the Pearl (for 60.00), a Blackberry doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.

Nevermore
11-23-2006, 04:49 AM
let me ask this, do any of the bb's other than the pearl have memory expansion via sd or whatever it uses

roofus
11-23-2006, 06:58 AM
You must be a politician - you never answered the question!

greggebhardt
11-23-2006, 09:22 AM
To be honest i have little to no interest in the business benefits of blackberry. I am considering buying one because I can get them at 60 bucks a pop and I heard they were great. Now i need and opinion on what phone... device is best suit for a teenager interested in expanding his technological horizons. I would prefer a device that has audio capabilities such as mp3 playback, bluetooth expandability, and a camera would be a bonus but audio is almost a must (either way I'm getting a blackberry). Thanks in advance for the feedback it is greatly appreciated.

I think you are full of it. After 4 little posts you are telling us how you will make Blackberry work for you! You come here and brag how you can get the BB for $60. If not stolen it has to be used as dealers pay more for it. All that aside, you say that you have no interests in the Buisiness benifits of the BB. If you do not need mail you are wasting your time with a BB.

You say YOU will adapt the BB for your lifestyle. I say you will not and YOU will have to adapt to the Blackberry as it is not a Clie, Palm or other Windows device that you can fully customise.

The Blackberry is not something YOU make into what you want. You have to accept it for what it does and most who have owned agree that what it does, the Blackberry does better than any other device on the market.

Now learn about Blackberry and check it out before you spout off about it!

snowskier79
11-23-2006, 10:18 AM
I think you are full of it. After 4 little posts you are telling us how you will make Blackberry work for you! You come here and brag how you can get the BB for $60. If not stolen it has to be used as dealers pay more for it. All that aside, you say that you have no interests in the Buisiness benifits of the BB. If you do not need mail you are wasting your time with a BB.

You say YOU will adapt the BB for your lifestyle. I say you will not and YOU will have to adapt to the Blackberry as it is not a Clie, Palm or other Windows device that you can fully customise.

The Blackberry is not something YOU make into what you want. You have to accept it for what it does and most who have owned agree that what it does, the Blackberry does better than any other device on the market.

Now learn about Blackberry and check it out before you spout off about it!
Nicely put!

ashraf9
11-23-2006, 10:47 AM
some people not interested but i am

secrecyguy
11-23-2006, 01:57 PM
The Blackberry 8100 is what you are looking for but you can NOT get for $60 at all. The best deal you can get is at...

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-8100-Pearl-Phone-T-Mobile/dp/B000ID10JE/sr=8-18/qid=1164308051/ref=sr_1_18/104-8008434-6756736?ie=UTF8&s=wireless

I am not sure of the price. For some reason, Amazon is going too slow and I don't feel like looking up the price.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT.

If you want more information what the Blackberry 8100 can do for you, I did a comparison chart comparing the Sidekick 3.

http://www.geocities.com/sk3vsbb8100/

I will update the chart soon to include other phones.

plchan
11-23-2006, 02:48 PM
May be the poster got the 8100 from an indirect dealer in Chinatown. It is possible to get that low price thou (with new contract).

Nevermore
11-23-2006, 04:48 PM
If you want more information what the Blackberry 8100 can do for you, I did a comparison chart comparing the Sidekick 3.

I will update the chart soon to include other phones.

Thank you for that. The PEARL what i am looking for. To answer how I can get them for 60 dollars, because my girlfriend works at a cell phone shop and they happened to get more blackberrys than they were expecting. so i get a ridiculously low price. And to answer why i would consider purchasing one, My last cellphones charger shorted out and my phone was charging and the phone was fried. I wanted to purchase the blackberry because i did not want to pay more money for an inferior phone.