PDA

View Full Version : Poor Reception

RoadBerry
11-24-2006, 06:07 PM
My brother solved the problem of using the 8700g as a modem. So now my woes are reception. I have two bars, then no reception, then one bar, then no reception, then two bars but no action by the browser.

My question is: what can be done to enhance my reception? I have a Samsung Trace with TMo also and I can walk around the house and talk with excellent reception. I thought since the BB 8700 was fairly new technology it too would have equal reception but this isn't the case. Do I need an external antenna?

Please help

RoadBerry
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Bump

Come on!

Does anybody have any clues, suggestions, hints, anything that may be helpful?

John Clark
11-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Bump

Come on!

Does anybody have any clues, suggestions, hints, anything that may be helpful?

There aren't any external antenna's for the BB itself. Your only option is a repeater inside your house to improve reception inside-kind of pricey. If I'm not mistaken the antenna is at the bottom of the BB and I've had good luck turning the BB upside down so my hand isn't wrapped around it and that has helped reception in low reception areas. It's possible you have a BB that has an antenna problem as well but no way to tell without having two BB's side by side to test and see. If it works fine everywhere else it's probably not your BB.

tbdiscovery
11-26-2006, 11:56 AM
When I was with Nextel, apparently if you call them there is something they can turn on or add to the service that improves the reception. I had this turned on, and nothing changed. I know that with the 7100i, my reception went from fair to poor when entering buildings, especially undergroud (of course). Basically, it wouldn't hurt to call your company.

You could also tell them that you are upset with the service - you could probably get a discount. I had a 15% monthly service discount for a few years, but even that wasn't enough to keep me.

pspiegel
11-27-2006, 03:13 AM
call the provider... i called verizon about a similar issue and within a week they had the "can you hear me now" guys out here and putting in a repeater until they could get a lease for tower space..